+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 357 of 366 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Bullseye!
    No, Bullseye was a different programme

It would just be nice for the lefties on here to admit, Labour politicians lie as well.
    I am not sure how you can comment on something you do not watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    It would just be nice for the lefties on here to admit, Labour politicians lie as well.
    I am not sure how you can comment on something you do not watch.
    Undoubtedly they do - the 'Dodgy Dossier' under Blair, and the anecdote about the minister (I forget who) asking an aide to read out a briefing in a taxi on the way a TV studio so that he could honestly say he had never read it, tells us that. All politicians have to lie to some extent as there are things they simply cannot admit to, or say. I think most people understand this.

However, the difference is that Johnson turbocharged lying and took it to an industrial level during the Brexit campaign, where he lied about pretty much everything all the time. It was successful so he continued throughout his premiership. This has tarred all the Tories with the same brush, but they haven't helped themselves by their subsequent choice of senior leaders (not just the PM). Sunak, could and should be calling the lying out, but he is in too weak a position to be able to do so. All he can do is try to persuade people to believe all politicians are as bad as each other, which they aren't (on both sides of the aisle), and is very dangerous to democracy. I would hope that Starmer is different, and this, in turn, will lead the Tories to chose a leadership team with more integrity in the future.
    Last edited by Kent Magpie; 27-11-2023 at 01:37 PM.

Starmer tells lies, but has friends to cover up his lies, as was proved with the beer and pizza party, a total farce, and far worse than the Boris cake witch hunt.

Starmer tells lies, but has friends to cover up his lies, as was proved with the beer and pizza party, a total farce, and far worse than the Boris cake witch hunt.
    Firstly, how was it proved, and secondly why was it "far worse" than the Boris cake?

You could see them all through the window, beers in hand, quite a giveaway me thinks, plus they highlighted the gathering in a memo.
    They were there for way longer than Boris's appearance, but why let things like facts get in the way.
    I realise you will never accept the Labour Party do anything underhand, and their sh1t doesn't stink.

This was investigated twice and found to be a working meeting during a by-election campaign. It is strange to think that politicians need to eat, but I guess they do.

Downing Street held multiple parties, Johnson was shown time and again to be lying. A birthday cake is vastly different in intent than a curry during a campaign. It is not equivalent, Police investigations have shown this.

This is the sort of thing that the Tories keep peddling. It is very dangerous to our democracy but is the legacy of Johnson and Farage.

You could see them all through the window, beers in hand, quite a giveaway me thinks, plus they highlighted the gathering in a memo.
    They were there for way longer than Boris's appearance, but why let things like facts get in the way.
    So let's talk facts. The facts are that both events were the subject of a police investigation, Starmer was cleared, but Boris, Carrie and Rishi were issued with fixed-penalty notices for breaking the rules. Those are indisputable FACTS, unless your head is buried very deeply in the sand.

Next thing you'll be claiming that GB News is balanced and fair!

I realise you will never accept the Labour Party do anything underhand, and their sh1t doesn't stink.
    At this time of year I often see Santa through people's windows... is that proof Santa exists? It seems a bit of a giveaway to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So let's talk facts. The facts are that both events were the subject of a police investigation, Starmer was cleared, but Boris, Carrie and Rishi were issued with fixed-penalty notices for breaking the rules. Those are indisputable FACTS, unless your head is buried very deeply in the sand.

Next thing you'll be claiming that GB News is balanced and fair!
    Because the Police aren't the slightest bit bias or capable of sticking to the law themselves

Page 357 of 366 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359 ... LastLast