+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 thread!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I agree. Another thing…if I was David Bates or Declan Gallagher I would rattle the lad Scales in training as he isn’t one of our proper players anyway.
    If I was one of them I’d be upping my game PDQ in view of recent signings.

I'm really disappointed in the Scales move. Utterly tinpot taking a guy on loan from there - yet again.

Full pre season and warm up matches and then we have to change our team and setup for the first game because its them - nah, fuuck that.

Nothing against the boy, its nae his fault, but us developing players for another team in our league is utterly mickey mouse.

As for the other two, give them a chance ffs.

The Wycombe snobbery is hilarious. Typical AFC fans. Just what sort of a attraction do you think we are these days? Wycombe fans probably think the lad has taken a step down coming here.

Lets see how he goes, could be a superstar up here. The Wycombe fans seem gutted which is a good sign.

As for Jayden, who knows how he'll turn out, but writing him off when you don't have the first clue about him just makes you look daft.

I'll give them a chance to show what they can do, then make a judgement, be nice if others could try that too...

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I agree. Another thing…if I was David Bates or Declan Gallagher I would rattle the lad Scales in training as he isn’t one of our proper players anyway.
    Be the first tackle either of them have attempted while at the Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Goodwin offered Andy a years contract, a route into coaching and was honest enought with him to say that he didn't see him playing all that much. Andy has been a great player for our club but every career comes to an end sometime. Andy thought he could play on for a while. That's Andy's perogative. I hope he manages that well.

However I can't see why you chastise Goodwin for arrogance.
    It’s a very simple answer if that is a question. He thought that by telling players that they are not in his first team plans for the following season, they now know they have to look after number one as they will be looking for a new contract elsewhere. They are hardly going to be running through walls and risk any type of injury that will put a potential move in jeopardy.
    To think they would would in my opinion is slightly arrogant to think they would go to hell and back for him. To also say about he is a hands on coach and prefers to take the training himself ( I can only assume he thinks the coaches current at that time were no good) but yet we became worse and if the season was longer could potentially have been relegated. All this from a man who is hardly a regular in the top 6…..

Quote Originally Posted by Redrab1903 View Post
    It’s a very simple answer if that is a question. He thought that by telling players that they are not in his first team plans for the following season, they now know they have to look after number one as they will be looking for a new contract elsewhere. They are hardly going to be running through walls and risk any type of injury that will put a potential move in jeopardy.
    To think they would would in my opinion is slightly arrogant to think they would go to hell and back for him. To also say about he is a hands on coach and prefers to take the training himself ( I can only assume he thinks the coaches current at that time were no good) but yet we became worse and if the season was longer could potentially have been relegated. All this from a man who is hardly a regular in the top 6…..
    He definitely takes the training himself. Lee Sharp is for putting the cones out

Quote Originally Posted by Redrab1903 View Post
    Totally ignoring the fact that you called out Goodwin for his arrogance to Andy which was the point of my response.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Goodwin offered Andy a years contract, a route into coaching and was honest enought with him to say that he didn't see him playing all that much. Andy has been a great player for our club but every career comes to an end sometime. Andy thought he could play on for a while. That's Andy's perogative. I hope he manages that well.

However I can't see why you chastise Goodwin for arrogance.
    That's pretty accurate and considering so many people have considered Andy a total liability over his entire AFC career, I'm surprised Goodwin's been picked up on that by anyone. Yes, he was a loyal servant but at 35, coming back from serious injury it would be pure sentimentality to offer the same contract. If it appeared an undignified exit, maybe blame whoever leaked the negotiations to the press.

I know the doomsdayers appear to be in the majority but I'm going to try and positive....for now. Loaning a player from Celtic, particularly the quality of Christie seemed an ok idea at the time...until you factor in that he can't play against them, which is more important than the 'pride' aspect to me. Can't look at it as remotely positive with Scales...unless we have the power to purchase, even then not ideal. The boy Stewart? Not going be snide about the fact it's Wycombe because last season they were in the championship, a pretty decent standard. Plenty first team football. Hedges was a squad player for a League One team and he was ok. Could be a gem. Richardson could have potential, just because he didn't get game time for Forest that might he down to them having better right backs. No reason to assume they're ****e. Same with Ramadani...top flight in Hungary. International experience.

We do need to sign a good few more and there does need to be some truly exciting signings, maybe known to the fans, known to be quality. If that doesn't happen then I'll happily pish my pants along with the rest and start calling Cormack a c***. Not going to slag off the new boys until they deserve it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    I know the doomsdayers appear to be in the majority but I'm going to try and positive....for now. Loaning a player from Celtic, particularly the quality of Christie seemed an ok idea at the time...until you factor in that he can't play against them, which is more important than the 'pride' aspect to me. Can't look at it as remotely positive with Scales...unless we have the power to purchase, even then not ideal. The boy Stewart? Not going be snide about the fact it's Wycombe because last season they were in the championship, a pretty decent standard. Plenty first team football. Hedges was a squad player for a League One team and he was ok. Could be a gem. Richardson could have potential, just because he didn't get game time for Forest that might he down to them having better right backs. No reason to assume they're ****e. Same with Ramadani...top flight in Hungary. International experience.

We do need to sign a good few more and there does need to be some truly exciting signings, maybe known to the fans, known to be quality. If that doesn't happen then I'll happily pish my pants along with the rest and start calling Cormack a c***. Not going to slag off the new boys until they deserve it though.
    The reality is that we can’t afford much better in terms of quality and we won’t need world beaters to beat most SFPL teams apart from the two that always finish top. If we have 11 honest players on the park, giving their all, that’s worth something and with some decent quality thrown in, we might just do OK. The players signed so far seem to be quick, strong and athletic, in the main. I foresee that we will be adopting a high energy approach to our games. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I'm really disappointed in the Scales move. Utterly tinpot taking a guy on loan from there - yet again.

Full pre season and warm up matches and then we have to change our team and setup for the first game because its them - nah, fuuck that.

Nothing against the boy, its nae his fault, but us developing players for another team in our league is utterly mickey mouse.

As for the other two, give them a chance ffs.

The Wycombe snobbery is hilarious. Typical AFC fans. Just what sort of a attraction do you think we are these days? Wycombe fans probably think the lad has taken a step down coming here.

Lets see how he goes, could be a superstar up here. The Wycombe fans seem gutted which is a good sign.

As for Jayden, who knows how he'll turn out, but writing him off when you don't have the first clue about him just makes you look daft.

I'll give them a chance to show what they can do, then make a judgement, be nice if others could try that too...
    As ever i find myself in complete agreement with themoog

Page 36 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast