+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 361 of 560 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    It's all about sentimental value I would imagine. Well in most cases at least. Your football clubs home becomes a big part of your life and who wouldn't be upset about moving somewhere else.
    It's more like being happy where you are, having no mortgage, needing to do the place up a bit but your wife decides we need to move closer to her parents and take on a **** off mortgage so you can't go on holiday or buy nice things.

Plus it's a souless new build where the bedrooms aren't particularly big.

I get the whole nostalgia thing but it’s more than that. Maine Rd was a dogs dinner of a stadium but the atmosphere was brilliant in a way that their new ground isn’t. Same with the Emirates. There were @rsenal fans saying during the week that the ground has killed the club stone dead & that was built in the same postcode.

The Aberdeen home support is notoriously fickle. If we’re to expect attendances to go up after the move, they better be sure that what they’re building is absolutely ***n magic. Not seen any evidence of that so far

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It's more like being happy where you are, having no mortgage, needing to do the place up a bit but your wife decides we need to move closer to her parents and take on a **** off mortgage so you can't go on holiday or buy nice things.

Plus it's a souless new build where the bedrooms aren't particularly big.
    That definitely ain't a metaphor for your life, not with all the holidays you have planned.... Skiing, Caribbean cruise etc. For what it's worth I do enjoy a good cruise. I'm guessing the Americans could be a bit over baring on the Caribbean ones though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I get the whole nostalgia thing but it’s more than that. Maine Rd was a dogs dinner of a stadium but the atmosphere was brilliant in a way that their new ground isn’t. Same with the Emirates. There were @rsenal fans saying during the week that the ground has killed the club stone dead & that was built in the same postcode.

The Aberdeen home support is notoriously fickle. If we’re to expect attendances to go up after the move, they better be sure that what they’re building is absolutely ***n magic. Not seen any evidence of that so far
    I hear you. I am most certainly on the fence on this one. I can see the positives from both camps unfortunately can't seem to make up my mind on which one I want to join. The location will probably be the baring factor though.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I'm guessing the Americans could be a bit over baring on the cruise.
    That's another metaphor for the new ground, what with all them football tourists we will attract and their selfies and hashtags.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

My brother is an ex Man City player ( amongst others )anyway he took his two lads ( grown men now ) on a nostalgic trip a few months ago down to Manchester to where he lived etc...being an ex player he got all the behind scenes tour of the new stadium...told me great facilities but give him the atmosphere of main road any day ....

The atmosphere mostly depends on the fans in the stadium. If it's mostly people with their gobs full of prawn sandwiches, the atmosphere will be shiite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    The atmosphere mostly depends on the fans in the stadium. If it's mostly people with their gobs full of prawn sandwiches, the atmosphere will be shiite.
    I agree.
    I also think that being negative can affect the team too.
    A raucous support, getting behind the team can be the 12th man and the difference in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    My brother is an ex Man City player ( amongst others )anyway he took his two lads ( grown men now ) on a nostalgic trip a few months ago down to Manchester to where he lived etc...being an ex player he got all the behind scenes tour of the new stadium...told me great facilities but give him the atmosphere of main road any day ....
    Aye aye, your bro......did he sport a blonde mullet in 83 whilst there?

I mind a young chap from Aberdeen at Buchan’s testimonial that was on city’s books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Aye aye, your bro......did he sport a blonde mullet in 83 whilst there?

I mind a young chap from Aberdeen at Buchan’s testimonial that was on city’s books.
    Aye that’s him although safe to say his mullet was replaced by a shiny cue ball a few years later ..😆😆....

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    Aye that’s him although safe to say his mullet was replaced by a shiny cue ball a few years later ..😆😆....
    Indeed, good laugh that trip, pre/during/post match......Peter Weir was immense........the cue ball is better than Jason Donovan 😉......importantly, his team are doing okay 👍

Page 361 of 560 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast