+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 368 of 931 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468868 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 9310

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    .Brexit hasn’t actually happened yet so who knows what belt tightening the next Budget might bring us?
    It asn't?? Yet there seems to be quite a few remainers telling us what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Charles 1st is a bit of a stretch, but he is a fine example of what happens when you let a foreigner (he was a Stuart and reigned before the Act of Union in 1707) control our sovereignty. His belief in the divine right of kings to rule isn't so far distant from Juncker / the Commission's belief in the divine right of themselves to rule!

Heath was however very much responsible for getting us into this situation by promoting our initial entry into the EU (as now is), which continued despite there not being a "50%+1" electoral support for it; in Wilson's subsequent 1975 referendum 67% voted remain out of a turnout of 65% ie 43.5%, so, despite 56.5% of the country not actively voting to remain, we did. Sound familiar? Wilson had of course called the referendum to unify his party after 70 odd labour MP's broke the party line and voted to join in 1973. Sound familiar?

History does have a habit of repeating itself
    It does indeed GP but it’s all a tad irrelevant to sorting out the here and now isn’t it?
    I think we have enough to deal with considering all that’s happened over the last thirty months or so without going back to the 1970’s.

i961pie...you’re right...about as many as there are ‘leavers’ telling us how much better everything will be...in fifty years time...maybe!

It does indeed GP but it’s all a tad irrelevant to sorting out the here and now isn’t it?
    I think we have enough to deal with considering all that’s happened over the last thirty months or so without going back to the 1970’s.

i961pie...you’re right...about as many as there are ‘leavers’ telling us how much better everything will be...in fifty years time...maybe!
    Sorry haven't heard that one. I think there will be some upheaval for a time (couple of years) certainly not 50 imo. You surely can't believe the leavers have the equal amount of propaganda that the Remainers get do you? Watch the BBC news or Andrew Marr, he has had 132 remainers on to 34 leavers. Watch the Daily Mash or Have I got news for you or question time the Biased Broadcasting Companies mouthpieces. They hate the Tory government and brexit.
    Someone on here hinted that Corbyn stuck to his principles He is one big hypocrite, all his political life he has been anti EU in fact he has been anti everything from both Tory and Labour.
    Last edited by i961pie; 01-11-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Sorry haven't heard that one. I think there will be some upheaval for a time (couple of years) certainly not 50 imo. You surely can't believe the leavers have the equal amount of propaganda that the Remainers get do you? Watch the BBC news or Andrew Marr, he has had 132 remainers on to 34 leavers. Watch the Daily Mash or Have I got news for you or question time the Biased Broadcasting Companies mouthpieces. They hate the Tory government and brexit.
    Someone on here hinted that Corbyn stuck to his principles He is one big hypocrite, all his political life he has been anti EU in fact he has been anti everything from both Tory and Labour.
    Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed the Marr thing

The Daily Mash is a joke, I used to read the online Mash daily for a bit of relief from the traumas of the working day but it progressively pinned itself to the anti brexit, anti trump masts, and the TV version has taken that to a new level

I am now a bit more pessimistic about Brexit after Mark Carney suggested earlier that UK prospects MAY be better than he originally thought if we have an 'orderly' Brexit. What a death knell.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA There will not be any belt tightening Maggie May has already told us austerity has finished 😁😁

One has to believe your being ironic! Or simply believe what you want to.

Cracking DUP quote this week

"We will be fine after Brexit. We built the Titanic!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yep we was lied to, didn't what we was voting for etc.

Rewind the clock............................................. ...

FCO 30/1048: Heath knew it was treason

This classified government document dated April 1971 remained secret until it was released under the 30 year rule. It proves Heath's government knew the 1972 EEC Treaty would lead to the loss of sovereignty, and was therefore treason. They had a stunningly accurate picture of the EU, which never was the EEC (an Economic Community), expecting Britain to be abolished after the turn of the century.

The authors, all civil servants or ministers, are very pro EU, their intent is clearly to conceal the loss of sovereignty. But they understood perfectly it would all be abolished.

In public Heath's government all lied the treaty would not affect our sovereignty. This includes Douglas Hurd, still an active senior Conservative, who is also both a liar and a traitor, a point we put to him at the Conservative Conference in Blackpool. He assured us his connections in the legal profession would ensure he was never convicted.

Here are just a few of the damning sentences:

Parliament controlled

11. Membership of the Communities will involve us in extensive limitations upon our freedom of action.

For the first time. Parliament is binding its successors.

Increasing loss of sovereignty

The loss of external sovereignty will however increase as the Community develops, according to the intention of the preamble to the Treaty of Rome "to establish the foundations of an even closer union among the European peoples ".

Small threats to sovereignty, like Burgess, Blunt and Maclean's selling secrets to the Russians, attract 30 year jail sentences. The penalty for actually loosing even small parts of it until 1998 was "to hang by the neck until dead."

King Charles 1st was executed for treason that was, by comparison, relatively minor.

Lord Haw Haw (“Germany Calling” - William Joyce) was hanged for treason on 3rd January 1946. His efforts on behalf of Germany were tiny by comparison with Edward Heath’s.

Our law subservient

12. (ii) The power of the European Court to consider the extent to which a UK statute is compatible with Community Law will indirectly involve an innovation for us, as the European Court's decisions will be binding on our courts which might then have to rule on the validity or applicability of the United Kingdom statute.

The writ of a foreign power is not allowed under the British Constitution, which Heath was breaking.

Predicting monetary and military union

18..but it will be in the British interest after accession to encourage the development of the Community toward an effectively harmonised economic, fiscal and monetary system and a fairly closely coordinated and consistent foreign and defence policy. If it came to do so then essential aspects of sovereignty both internal and external would indeed increasingly be transferred to the Community itself.

No withdrawal, sovereignty diminished

22. Even with the most dramatic development of the Community the major member states can hardly lose the "last resort" ability to withdraw in much less than three decades. The Community's development could produce before then a period in which the political practicability of withdrawal was doubtful. If the point should ever be reached at which inability to renounce the Treaty (and with it the degeneration of the national institutions which could opt for such a policy) was clear, then sovereignty, external, parliamentary and practical would indeed be diminished.

Disinformation

After entry there would be a major responsibility on HMG and on all political parties not to exacerbate public concern by attributing unpopular measures or unfavourable economic developments to the remote and unmanageable workings of the Community.

Transfer of the Executive

24 (ii) The transfer of major executive responsibilities to the bureaucratic Commission in Brussels will exacerbate popular feeling of alienation from government.

Erosion of sovereignty

24 (v) ...The more the Community is developed ... the more Parliamentary sovereignty will be eroded. ...The right ... to withdraw will remain for a very considerable time. ...The sovereignty of the State will surely remain unchallenged for this century at least.

The EU Bureaucracy will rule

25. The impact of entry upon sovereignty is closely related to the blurring of distinctions between domestic political and foreign affairs, to the greater political responsibility of the bureaucracy of the Community and the lack of effective democratic control.

The writers understanding of the future of the EU was bang on. They wanted the bureaucracy to take over from the democracy. The loss of sovereignty was desirable for them, legally traitors working deep inside our government.
    Oh ye and Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Farage, Banks et el are the very model of democracy who care deeply about the common man?

Shame your understanding of facts is so remote, but then as jngoistic, neo fascist, bigot you'd fit right in with them, though they wouldn't want your company for sure - still shouldn't be surprised, Hitler convinced a fair few with his *******s!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed the Marr thing

The Daily Mash is a joke, I used to read the online Mash daily for a bit of relief from the traumas of the working day but it progressively pinned itself to the anti brexit, anti trump masts, and the TV version has taken that to a new level
    Its that old liberal elite, it must stick in your craw hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I’m not a Corbynite - can’t believe what the Tories have been allowed to get away with under his tenure as leader of the opposition - and I’ve never come across the Daily Mash so can’t comment. Interesting that you’d call Corbyn a hypocrite though. Where does that leave those avowed ‘Remainers’...May and Hammond?
    I don’t know who came up with the 132/34 thing or quite how. Don’t like Andrew Marr much but neither do I think he’s particularly biased either way...just not a very good interviewer imo.
    Most sensible folk will question the wisdom of Brexit and all decent folk will despair of Trump so a satirical news quiz - ‘Have I Got News for You?’ - is hardly likely to adopt a different stance is it?
    As for the BBC...seems eminently fair to me. They gave Andrew Neil a job and look for balance on programmes such as ‘Question Time’ even if it does mean having some fairly despicable individuals on the panel.
    Those who regularly refer to the BBC being biased seem a tad paranoid to me. Fox News, CNN, Daily Mail, Sun, and the Daily Express... certainly, but the BBC? Not in my opinion.

I’m not a Corbynite - can’t believe what the Tories have been allowed to get away with under his tenure as leader of the opposition - and I’ve never come across the Daily Mash so can’t comment. Interesting that you’d call Corbyn a hypocrite though. Where does that leave those avowed ‘Remainers’...May and Hammond?
    I don’t know who came up with the 132/34 thing or quite how. Don’t like Andrew Marr much but neither do I think he’s particularly biased either way...just not a very good interviewer imo.
    Most sensible folk will question the wisdom of Brexit and all decent folk will despair of Trump so a satirical news quiz - ‘Have I Got News for You?’ - is hardly likely to adopt a different stance is it?
    As for the BBC...seems eminently fair to me. They gave Andrew Neil a job and look for balance on programmes such as ‘Question Time’ even if it does mean having some fairly despicable individuals on the panel.
    Those who regularly refer to the BBC being biased seem a tad paranoid to me. Fox News, CNN, Daily Mail, Sun, and the Daily Express... certainly, but the BBC? Not in my opinion.
    You're getting a bit desperate there RA, 'all decent folk will despair of trump'? You need to spend more time in the company of some Americans, I can summarise my very 'decent' NC buddies' opinion is that as a man he's odious, but as a president he's recognised that USA isn't just two coastlines with a non-man's land attached.

Those who refer to the BBC being biased are paranoid? I'm a critic and a supporter of the Beeb, and I'm far from paranoid, but I'll send you that PM I promised that adds a bit of unofficial science to one area (not Brexit as it happens) I've banged on about. Meanwhile as I write this Andrew Neil is chairing a 'how do we get rid of Trump' session on BBC1

I won't take issue with your Brexit coment because I notice The Kraken has been awakened but I think in general you generalise too much, you're insulting people who think deeply about complex issues

Page 368 of 931 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468868 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)