+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 377 of 530 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We could always sign him and if he is pysh playing as the lone striker we can say he is done.
    The only chance May would have to succeed is alongside Cosgrove or A N Other.
    On his own, no chance.
    Sadly it is unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Stephen Craigan has publicly said that Louis Moult is better alongside a big striker like he was at Motherwell.
    Stephen Craigan has said 🤣🤣 it must have been from inside Burnleys arsehole because he was firmly planted up there last night . I think Bowman had a lot to do with how moult played at Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by sonnetti View Post
    Stephen Craigan has said 🤣🤣 it must have been from inside Burnleys arsehole because he was firmly planted up there last night . I think Bowman had a lot to do with how moult played at Motherwell
    I’d go with a Motherwell coaches opinion over yours to be fair

This May can only play with a big striker....

"May " or May" not be true...

However, watch the Youtube video of his 27 goals in season 2013/2014. Vast majority of those goals are feck all to do with Steven Mclean. Most of them seem to be with him linking with his midfield, one twos etc etc.

Seemed a lot more arrogant in them days (in a good way) Played with a smile on his face.

I suppose goals does that to you.

Thinking back to the Dundee game 11 months ago, at home. Two terrific trademark Stevie May goals. What the feck has happended since?

Can't ALL be The Rat's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

However, watch the Youtube video of his 27 goals in season 2013/2014. Vast majority of those goals are feck all to do with Steven Mclean. Most of them seem to be with him linking with his midfield, one twos etc etc.

Seemed a lot more arrogant in them days (in a good way) Played with a smile on his face.

Thinking back to the Dundee game 11 months ago, at home. Two terrific trademark Stevie May goals. What the feck has happended since?

I suppose any footballer needs confidence, maybe moreso a striker.
    The chance he missed last night, where he only needed to re-divert the great ball in, that was a chance he’d have taken more than likely if he’d scored a few recently.

Catch 22.

He needs games & goals, but when he plays he’s a passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Not necessarily a big striker but another striker,there are better strikers than him that can’t play up front on their own either.

Not much chance of him getting to do that here under McInnes,same for Moult if he signed so he would be better off trying to sign a decent striker who can play up front on his own.

putting the '83 May' on his back was a huge psychological error, as others have pointed out

does he wear a different number now

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not necessarily a big striker but another striker,there are better strikers than him that can’t play up front on their own either.

Not much chance of him getting to do that here under McInnes,same for Moult if he signed so he would be better off trying to sign a decent striker who can play up front on his own.
    If Moult did arrive, would be curtains for May. Similiar players, I'd have thought, and if you go out on loan at his age, you ain't coming back.

May's issues look to be more psychological than lack of ability. He pulls out of 60/40 tackles and is scared to get stuck in. That of course could be down to injuries he has sustained throughout his career, but if he has any chance of resurrecting his scoring days he is going to have to man up a bit.

With the likes of Mcginn and GMS on top form, there should be no excuse this season if he isnt scoring goals. Same can be said for Cosgrove as well. Im not going to bang on about it, but selling Rooney when we have just looked to have found a decent pairing on the wings again, is criminal. I actually think we might get something out of Cosgrove in a 2 up top formation (nae laughing at the back), but May is looking worse than Maynard was.

Definitely need a new striker in before Sunday, but im not hopeful. A loan spell from Moult doesnt inspire me with confidence either. Would much prefer something much more permanent or else we back here again in January or next season. Chuck in young Bruce Anderson, i guarantee he bags more goals than SM and SC ever will. Either that or bring back Shankland.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    On him. 26 and still being punted on loan. 14 times and counting. Weird career path
    I'd imagine he could retire now if he wanted, depends what yer aspirations are I suppose.

Page 377 of 530 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast