+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

Keir Starmer has stated the comments were anti-semtic.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I have no idea where you’ve got this idea about Abbott being the next Home Secretary from Tricky. It’s ludicrous...she’s miles away from the Shadow Cabinet. Can only imagine you’ve somehow confused her with Yvette Cooper who seems to be favourite for the job should Labour win the next election.

Abbott has drawn attention to the difference in attitudes towards a variety of ‘minority groups’. In my opinion she didn’t do it very well, she spoke insensitively and has already apologised which probably only emphasises the stupidity of what she said. I cannot see how her comments were anti-Semitic however...perhaps you could explain.
    Luckily, the Labour Leader has come out and said, THE COMMENTS WERE ANTI SEMITIC and didn't listen to you.

Do you actually undertand the concept of past / present /future?

I SAID, SHE WAS odds on to be our new secretary. Luckily, her past comments helped torpedo that.

If you believe she wasn''t being racist, then god help us all.

Interesting though it may be...it doesn’t seem to clarify how the contents of Abbott’s letter were ‘anti Semitic’.
    I'm not suggesting that it does, I am widening the discussion a little which I know annoys you! But if Keir Starmer has said that is it anti semitic, that's good enough for me, even if not for you?

If Diane Abbott, thinks having 6 million Jews /Gypsys slaughtered isn't racism but simple predjudice, on par with beung ginger, then she needs committing.

As for the comment, Jews weren't made to sit at the back of a bus or get manacled in ships. I'll say one word "Auschwitz"

They didn't even get a seat, they had to stand like cattle, with no food/water/toilets and were chained on parades through the streets.

Her comparisons at best are offensive. But the reality is, she not only said the first thing to come into her head, but wrote it as well.
    But her track record on understanding racism is poor and biased to say the least.

Black mums will go to the wall for their kids unlike white mums
    Taxi drivers are racist
    White people love playing divide and rule
    Blond haired, blue eyed Finnish nurses shouldn't be treating black people
    She even hoped the IRA defeated white/racist Britian

Those are just off the top of my head, never mind the idiotic things she says.

She has suffered racist abuse from trolls herself. Not acceptable, but because shes the black victim, her abuse is worse than anyone else's.
    She is the UK's own Whoopi Goldberg. A racism expert with blinkers on, that has a real anti jew streak running through them

Starmer, still has some serious rooting to do. The tip of the iceberg is only being exposed
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 24-04-2023 at 01:23 PM.

Daftest thing is most Israelis aren't Semite. Quite how modern thinking has decided disagreeing with Israeli political stances is anti semitic is a mystery.

Lol...so suddenly two people who generally display nothing but contempt for Starmer are suddenly saying, ‘Starmer said it so it must be true’.
    Strange about turn, whereas I don’t necessarily have to agree with every word a politician I generally greatly respect says, and in this case, if that is what he’s said, I’m sorry, but I don’t.

Resolution on here is simple...just provide an example of Diane Abbott’s letter being anti Semitic.
    The letter is still available to see...I agree with all the following descriptions...disrespectful, foolish, ill judged, poorly written, insensitive, crass. It’s further proof, if proof were needed, that Diane Abbott is a flawed politician who may be a decent local MP but beyond that is something of a foot in mouth liability.
    What I can’t see is how what she’s said is anti Semitic and, despite all the sound and fury being generated, no one has yet shown otherwise let alone proved that this is the tip of some Labour Party ‘anti Semitic iceberg’.

To quote what you often say yourself, I don't need to prove it, I let the words speak for themselves and the interpretation by her boss speak for itself too. I'm not fan of Starmer as a man of few original ideas (or maybe just keeping his powder dry) but this is a simple management decision and an exercise in damage limitation which seems entirely appropriate (whether factually or cynically). No need for him to go out on a limb to defend the indefensiblre.

When Starmer comes up with some ideas I will assess them, but as for now he is very much a non event, rather than someone to lead a nation in tatters (if indeed it is)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    To quote what you often say yourself, I don't need to prove it, I let the words speak for themselves and the interpretation by her boss speak for itself too. I'm not fan of Starmer as a man of few original ideas (or maybe just keeping his powder dry) but this is a simple management decision and an exercise in damage limitation which seems entirely appropriate (whether factually or cynically). No need for him to go out on a limb to defend the indefensiblre.

When Starmer comes up with some ideas I will assess them, but as for now he is very much a non event, rather than someone to lead a nation in tatters (if indeed it is)
    I disagree...surprise. Starmer has acted quickly, decisively and above all...pragmatically. Whether he’s right or not remains to be seen, but certainly Abbott has spoken foolishly, insensitively, unwisely and embarrassingly.

Beyond that, and I don’t recall saying what you suggest, it’s a bit of a cop out to avoid providing an example of what she’s said that is actually anti Semitic. You, and Tricky more particularly, have been mightily critical of what she’s written and of me defending one single aspect of what she’s been accused of.
    It wasn’t a long letter...why can neither of you explain how what she’s written is anti Semitic? It really is that simple.

I disagree...surprise. Starmer has acted quickly, decisively and above all...pragmatically. Whether he’s right or not remains to be seen, but certainly Abbott has spoken foolishly, insensitively, unwisely and embarrassingly.

Beyond that, and I don’t recall saying what you suggest, it’s a bit of a cop out to avoid providing an example of what she’s said that is actually anti Semitic. You, and Tricky more particularly, have been mightily critical of what she’s written and of me defending one single aspect of what she’s been accused of.
    It wasn’t a long letter...why can neither of you explain how what she’s written is anti Semitic? It really is that simple.
    The simplest way of explaining this so that even the most unconnected can understand: Abbott is saying that any given sleight on an Irishman, a traveller or a Jew (or a ginger FFS) is lesser in severity than the same sleight on a black person. That is by logic anti-Irish, anti-traveller, anti-Semitic and anti-ginge, the latter in a way the most worrying because hair colour is not a protected characteristic.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The simplest way of explaining this so that even the most unconnected can understand: Abbott is saying that any given sleight on an Irishman, a traveller or a Jew (or a ginger FFS) is lesser in severity than the same sleight on a black person. That is by logic anti-Irish, anti-traveller, anti-Semitic and anti-ginge, the latter in a way the most worrying because hair colour is not a protected characteristic.
    David Lamy has just said the same on PM so I now have my doubts

Page 38 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)