+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 388 of 410 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Chat elsewhere that we're trying to bring in Brandon Barker. Free'd by the Huns last night, although Hibs also showing an interest. That'll be that then. 😂

I don't see anone wanting to paint a doom and gloom narrative...just people who are once again concerned about our business! We were concerned at the start of the season when we looked short on attacking options but were told that Aperre was our solution..that hasn't worked out. We have brought in Watt which is a magnificent achievement but we risk not getting the best out of him by not adding the right type of player for him to work with.
    We haven't been creating enough chances and we have struggled to score from the limited chances that we do make.
    It feels like we are trying to fit our attack around McNulty and we should be looking at trying to fit our attack around Watt instead. I hope Mcnulty hits a rich vein of form and starts becoming the prolific goalscorer that we had hoped for but for some reason...things ain't clicking for him.
    I don't think its doom and gloom to suggest that because we aren't scoring many goals or creating many chances to suggest we might struggle to get up this league...I don't think its doom and gloom to suggest that we have started to ship some goals that we wouldn't have shipped at the start of the season and I don't think its doom and gloom to suggest that other teams have sussed us out and know how to play against us now.
    I will off course be hoping that the couple of additions that we have made, make the difference and make the whole team click.
    A win tonight would go a long way to easing these worries!

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    We have struggled massively at the top end of the pitch and we still have not rectified our lack of pace, width, a good no.9 and (maybe) someone from Midfield to carry the ball.

For me it has got me feeling a bit down. Doesn't mean to say I think we will be relegated but for whatever reason we just can't seem to address the glaring problems weve had for several seasons now. I expect more slow, one paced, pass the ball back football and it just doesn't cut it in Scotland im afraid. As someone else has said, an injury to Tony Watt and we are in a bad place.
    That’s how I feel. Think we’ve made potentially some good signings and cleared some squad players, but as it stands don’t think we’ve actually addressed any of the glaring problems we’ve had now for two seasons now in the final third.

Games away to Dundee and St. John will determine what direction our season is going. I’d actually settle for 4pts and keeping those two at distance from us, might sound a bit negative but I don’t ever go into games confident we will score, and our defence while decent more often needs a shut out for us to win.

Should be noted of course those two are as bad as us at scoring. Dundee seem to keep bringing in attacking talent but it just seems to be who is available and no real plan for them. On outside it seems St. John are trying everything in this window to avoid the drop, fingers crossed they are panic buys that don’t turn their season round, and those two keep down there.

I can't remember anyone saying Appere was the answer to all our striking woes. 🤔 Regardless, he's been replaced by Watt which if a huge upgrade.

McNulty is an interesting one. He's currently getting the chance to play himself into form. We know he can do it at this level but we really need to start seeing that for us.

...so who replaced Shankland?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Chat elsewhere that we're trying to bring in Brandon Barker. Free'd by the Huns last night, although Hibs also showing an interest. That'll be that then. 😂
    speedboat with no rudder

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I wouldn't say it was Watt, given they departed/arrived in different transfer windows. Appere and Watt both most effective in the left of an attacking 3 as well.

Who replaced Shankland? I think the simple answer is no-one.

Well, going by the positions they were played in last season, McNulty replaced Shankland and Niskanen replaced McNulty.

Appere was never the answer. His best position isn't even centre forward imo.

We had McNulty, Clark, Appere and Shankland....we now have McNulty, Clark, Watt and Biamou .
    Courts said that we were in the market for a target man and brought Biamou in to fit that role...it is obvious that that hasn't worked out...so how come we feel we now no longer need a target man?

We had McNulty, Clark, Appere and Shankland....we now have McNulty, Clark, Watt and Biamou .
    Courts said that we were in the market for a target man and brought Biamou in to fit that role...it is obvious that that hasn't worked out...so how come we feel we now no longer need a target man?
    I'd guess we probably do but the budget for it has been spent on Biamou so that's what we've got.

Page 388 of 410 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)