+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley Fc transfer news, 2022-23

Interesting couple of days ahead?

Season defining?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Interesting couple of days ahead?

Season defining?
    To say the least Chop .

Fasten your seat belts would be my advice it could be a bumpy ride with almost everyone up for sale .

Barnsley are looking to strengthen their attacking unit by making an offer for Salford City striker Brandon Thomas-Asante, Sky Sports reporter Lyall Thomas has claimed.

Asante is reported to have a £300,000 buy out clause in his Salford contract.

The Barnsley FC bid has failed to reach that figure.

Other clubs are circling that may be willing to pay that amount. It reveals just how skint we are. I don't know if this lad is worth the punt or whether Duff wants him. If Duff is keen should the Board "splash out" and back Duff even to the extent of investing/ loaning the amount we are short out of their own pockets? It could well be recouped later this week with player sales.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 29-08-2022 at 04:43 PM.

Would have been equally as good signing Jack Diamond from Sunland on loan , lads got goals in him , impressed at Harrogate and scored plenty , looked good for Sunland in EFL game at Sty few weeks back , gone on SLL to Lincoln , we nivva learn ,
    DUFFERS 🤭🚩⚽️

This so called recruitment team are absolutely clueless and wouldn't know talent if it smacked them in face sack the lot of them and employ ex players who know the game not push button any lists

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I think patience is wearing off with Kane, paid big money for him and he's hardly played for us, not convinced he even wants to be here.
    I don't think fans have turned against Kane just yet. But it sure is annoying when we spend a fair bit on somebody and hes mostly injured. And the best football he played was when he was loaned to another team.
    As with Thomas, I was hoping to see Kane have a fresh start this season with a better manager etc, hes still not been able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    This so called recruitment team are absolutely clueless and wouldn't know talent if it smacked them in face sack the lot of them and employ ex players who know the game not push button any lists
    Conway sacked the traditional "scouts" from the club following the hype that came with the arrival of Billy Beane and his Super Spreadsheet Data System of recruitment. Lovely "Moneyball" media stories for Conway to wallow in.

Beane now gone. Also gone, sadly, is the wisdom and experience of many who know the game.

Once again, Thanks Paul.

The BFC Media Dept are "teasing" friends on BBS/ Supporters Trust with the emoji/ pen is out/ piece of wood type stuff again.

It looks like the Callum Wright loan signing may well be announced today.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-08-2022 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The BFC Media Dept are "teasing" friends on BBS/ Supporters Trust with the emoji/ pen is out/ piece of wood type stuff again.

It looks like the Callum Wright loan signing may well be announced today.
    I hope you are right SB , I like what I have read & heard about Wright , Duff knows him from last season & over the years goal scoring midfield players have served us well , I think he would certainly strengthen the squad , we will see , interesting couple of days ahead me thinks,

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast