+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Maurice Ross Sacked

That's looks like prime 'handbags thread' material to me.

I don't take such talk seriously according to some on here I'm good mates with Swale, I'm related to Neal Ardley, I've got a second username (JamPie) and I only started supporting Notts sometime around the Trust ownership days. That one is my favourite

That's 0 for 4.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It was clumsy and messy, it's not the kind of language I think anyone in a position of authority at the club should be using especially in 2021. I think we should have sacked him if not as his position would be untenable as it sends the wrong message to our black employees and supporters. People should know better by now and if you use that kind of language at work then be prepared to lose your job. It's ok being an angry scotsman but maybe stop being casually racist. I've got work to do, have a good day.
    It wasnt a dig..I was interested as to where you thought it should have gone if he hadn't walked.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Worthy cause? Depends whether you wanted NA sacked mid season or not I guess. What's that got to do with it?

The big difference is Biker wanted Notts to lose and was bizarrely disappointed that lots of Notts fans were celebrating a winner deep into stoppage time. Whereas if I bet on Notts to draw or lose I still want them to win.

You may have come back refreshed and posting lots on here but you still haven't learnt to answer questions, standard

I won't bother asking either question again because you, me and everyone already knows the answers already.

Betting or predicting a win for the opposition which is incredibly common on NCM prediction threads doesn't naturally mean you want them to lose. All it means is that person thinks Notts will lose, that's all.

I will let you get back to arguing about the MR resignation and the whole racism debate linked to it. It's a little like Dr Pedro MK II
    You really live up to the nickname given to you .
    The questions you were asking were not relevant to anything, they were your usual diversion tactic to steer the conversation away from you floundering like s beached whale.
    Like I say the only difference between you both is one wanted notts to lose to rid us of a poor manager the other bets on us to lose in the hope of winning money.
    That's what Ardleys got to do with it he was the manager ,remember,by the way you're the one that does it for the money.
    I'm not saying it's right or wrong im not here to even judge how many do it or how popular an event it is according to yourself.
    Im saying its hypocritical in your case due to your comments made to biker.
    I'm not here to judge the worthiness of the act just whether or not hypocrisy is involved.
    I really hope that's cleared it up for you.
    Recap..I'm not question the act of betting as an activity it's the hypocrisy that is in question.
    You bet on notts to lose
    He wanted notts to lose
    You condemn him for having that thought yet choose to bet on your team to lose.
    It doesn't matter how noble the act is they are one and the same.
    I think this topic has been covered and I will not be posting on this subject again for the good off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    You may have missed my previously mentioning that I don't even know Laddo, never mind love him.

Welcome back anyway Pedro.
    No Swales P I didnt miss you denying that you dont know laddo and I believe you.
    In fact you have said it more than once.
    But because you dont know him physically doesn't mean you dont harbour a soft spot for him and admire him from afar.
    I believe admiration is a form of love.
    I think you even intimated you have a liking for his posts as he never utters a swear word a bad word and uses his passive aggressive approach very wisely and all for the good of the board.
    I think that's what was eluded to when explaining why he has never had a word of warning from yourself whereas others get them like confetti.
    To know him is to love him I believe someone once sang.
    It's good to be back untill next time.
    Hug and kisses all around xxx

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    It wasnt a dig..I was interested as to where you thought it should have gone if he hadn't walked.
    I know mate I didn't mean it to sound like I was being funny. I think his position was untenable once people found it offensive, it wasn't the worst thing anyone has ever said but it was still stupid and there was no need to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I know mate I didn't mean it to sound like I was being funny. I think his position was untenable once people found it offensive, it wasn't the worst thing anyone has ever said but it was still stupid and there was no need to say it.
    To be honest the way it has played out I agree with you.

To be honest the way it has played out I agree with you.
    Do you think he should have gone, however it happened?

You really live up to the nickname given to you .
    The questions you were asking were not relevant to anything, they were your usual diversion tactic to steer the conversation away from you floundering like s beached whale.
    Like I say the only difference between you both is one wanted notts to lose to rid us of a poor manager the other bets on us to lose in the hope of winning money.
    That's what Ardleys got to do with it he was the manager ,remember,by the way you're the one that does it for the money.
    I'm not saying it's right or wrong im not here to even judge how many do it or how popular an event it is according to yourself.
    Im saying its hypocritical in your case due to your comments made to biker.
    I'm not here to judge the worthiness of the act just whether or not hypocrisy is involved.
    I really hope that's cleared it up for you.
    Recap..I'm not question the act of betting as an activity it's the hypocrisy that is in question.
    You bet on notts to lose
    He wanted notts to lose
    You condemn him for having that thought yet choose to bet on your team to lose.
    It doesn't matter how noble the act is they are one and the same.
    I think this topic has been covered and I will not be posting on this subject again for the good off the board.
    Nicknames? Ooooo that's not gonna please everyone ;(

That's all brilliant , but there is no real difference between betting on Notts to lose and predicting Notts to lose on the relevant thread. Neither person wants to see Notts to lose (see current prediciton thread for two prime examples). Whereas Biker did. Therefore they aren't one of the same at all, huge difference.

As you struggling with the concept, think of it as taking out insurance on a Notts football match.

These people predicting Notts to lose aren't like Biker, who couldn't understand why people were celebrating that winner at Chesterfield. How dare he tell others how they should behave or whether they should or shouldn't celebrate a dramatic injury time winner.

We shouldn't be wasting time on him he's quit NCM maybe Notts. You wouldn't want him alongside in the trenches would ya?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Do you think he should have gone, however it happened?
    No..
    I would have hoped they could have sat down and discussed it and warnings given if required.
    Then got out on the training pitch and work out where they think enzios game is going wrong ( as that was the criticism) and try and improve it.
    But I have already said that...

If you have lived their life of racism and you feel its relevant by all means.
    i find it quite amusing that we have many anti racism warriors posting on this who have only read about it and not had to live with it but all of a sudden feel they are experts on it.
    This is a pretty funny way of thinking, it's usually the other way around that "you're not a person of colour, you wouldn't understand" is used.

I'm usually the person that would bring up "I'm not a helicopter pilot but if I see one in a tree I know something went wrong", I also live in Ilkeston, so believe me, I've seen plenty of racism first hand if for some reason that gives any more importance to my opinion (I don't think it should)

Nothing about this requires an expert, there's a reason 90% of this thread is in agreement and you're on the other side...

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast