+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 397 of 410 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Agree about Curtis though

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Yeah but at the time of his signing I said he was not the answer, he's not turned out to be the answer so I'd say I predicted correctly.
    You predicted correctly but based on what?had you seen him play before?

Him joining had absolutely nothing to do with any run we've been on, he played 45 minutes of football.
    I thought he meant Akinola joining coincided with the start of our decent run, so it was difficult for him to break into the side which was actually quite settled for a while.

Slight irony might be if we are missing all 3 of Levitt, Harkes and Butcher tomorrow, he might just have got a game.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    I thought he meant Akinola joining coincided with the start of our decent run, so it was difficult for him to break into the side which was actually quite settled for a while.

Slight irony might be if we are missing all 3 of Levitt, Harkes and Butcher tomorrow, he might just have got a game.
    Ok

Benji

McMann Edwards mulgrew graham sporle

Smith Clark Watt Niskanen

McNulty

Ps can’t decide between adding McDonald in midfield and keeping sporle on bench, then we can play two up front
    Last edited by shed-buoy; 01-04-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Agree with everything you've posted apart from the 1st bit,hard to predict how a loan signing like him would pan out and I'm sure when Maddison went on loan to the sheep he had very little or no 1st team appearances at Norwich at the time. He's done no bad though aye...been loads of greenhorns like Akinola went on loan and done well at clubs in Scotland,just a pity it never worked out for him and I was at Patrick away for his only 45 mins and I thought he did OK and was unlucky to be substituted at HT.....in saying that we've been helluva unlucky with young loanees. Best one ever has to be Curtis Good. What a player he was.
    Wasn't it St Johnstone he played against?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Wasn't it St Johnstone he played against?
    Yeah, his 45 minutes was at away at Saints.

He showed some nice close control skills, but he was obviously either not up-to-speed with, or unable to stick to, the game plan.

Personally, I thought he showed some promise in a difficult 1st half. But what do I know.

We should have binned McNulty in January and got the Ross County fella in....I would have also looked at getting Jordan Jones in. We didn't address our weaknesses and struggled. I hope and pray that we have spent our time since january looking at targets for next season and are ready to get them in early.....if we are waiting for last minute bargains...next season is gonna be tough!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    We should have binned McNulty in January and got the Ross County fella in....I would have also looked at getting Jordan Jones in. We didn't address our weaknesses and struggled. I hope and pray that we have spent our time since january looking at targets for next season and are ready to get them in early.....if we are waiting for last minute bargains...next season is gonna be tough!
    But it’s hardly been a disaster has it? We’re currently (as I write) 4th. And we got in Tony Watt who has clearly added to what we have.

Please remember where we were - I genuinely think punters have forgotten about THAT transfer window night, the Snake, the pub player from Barnet, Csaba Laszlo, 6-1 to Falkirk, 5-0 at home to Ayr United.

Recovery was always going to be a long term project so give the the current owners/management a chance. Over the piece you can’t argue things haven’t improved so let them continue to crack on currently.

Personally? As always I’ll be in it for the long haul……..

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    You predicted correctly but based on what?had you seen him play before?
    Nope, nobody had. At least not in senior football. Call it intuition if you like, but there was a definite smack of fan appeasement with his signing, and I was not appeased tbh.

Nope, nobody had. At least not in senior football. Call it intuition if you like, but there was a definite smack of fan appeasement with his signing, and I was not appeased tbh.
    We still actually don't know if he's any good or not really. He was pretty decent I thought in his little cameo but it appears the timing just wasn't right.

Page 397 of 410 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)