+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 399 of 954 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499899 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 9536

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Timmy will open the biscuit tin in January if they're not top of the league by then. And Sevco still haven't won an away game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Celtic can sign whoever they want, but there is something nae right down that way. This was a great opportunity. I'm more confident they wont win the league than I am sevco winning it
    I don't get that they will buy their way to the title but they are 0-2 up and I think they will just have enough to win the league. It's a mentality thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Timmy will open the biscuit tin in January if they're not top of the league by then. And Sevco still haven't won an away game.
    I've consistently said, even in his first year, that I think Rodgers is a fair weather manager, great adding the final gloss when everything's rosy, rabbit in the headlights at the first sign of trouble. I suspect Celtic are in the early throes of realising he isn't the right guy for the job if there's even a hint of genuine competition. In which case they may be reluctant to give him money to invest. I think he'll be gone at some point over the next year or two.

In the meantime I think they'll have a very sticky spell. Unfortunately the quality they have in their squad is such that even with a bad manager they'll still finish above everybody with the possible exception of the huns, who have about half their resources instead of everyone else's 15% or less.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    I've consistently said, even in his first year, that I think Rodgers is a fair weather manager, great adding the final gloss when everything's rosy, rabbit in the headlights at the first sign of trouble. I suspect Celtic are in the early throes of realising he isn't the right guy for the job if there's even a hint of genuine competition. In which case they may be reluctant to give him money to invest. I think he'll be gone at some point over the next year or two.

In the meantime I think they'll have a very sticky spell. Unfortunately the quality they have in their squad is such that even with a bad manager they'll still finish above everybody with the possible exception of the huns, who have about half their resources instead of everyone else's 15% or less.
    They are 0-3 up, above the Huns and in the league cup semis. They also gave him plenty of money at the start of the season to spend, he chose not to spend it all.

We could have been genuine contenders, we should have been far better placed by now to take advantage of this blip.

EDIT - make that 5

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Celtic can sign whoever they want, but there is something nae right down that way. This was a great opportunity. I'm more confident they wont win the league than I am sevco winning it
    For sure there is something wrong (although you wouldn't know it today given they are 5-0 up at HT away to the farmers), most likely with the black French players given the whole Dembele fiasco but their Board are not stupid and whilst they have tried to continue winning on the cheap, they know that just one year of Champions League money for sevco will wipe out their dominance and so I just don't think Dermott, Lawell et al will allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    For sure there is something wrong (although you wouldn't know it today given they are 5-0 up at HT away to the farmers), most likely with the black French players given the whole Dembele fiasco but their Board are not stupid and whilst they have tried to continue winning on the cheap, they know that just one year of Champions League money for sevco will wipe out their dominance and so I just don't think Dermott, Lawell et al will allow that.
    St Johnstone have a GD of -10 and have conceded in every game with the exception of bottom of the league Dundee. The better teams will murder them as sevco and now the pigs are showing.

I just don't see them winning it.

10 in a row will never happen in my life for anyone (in Scotland as Rosenborg and Skonto Riga have done 13 in a row in my 34 years). This is the season the dream ends for the pigs
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 07-10-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't get that they will buy their way to the title but they are 0-2 up and I think they will just have enough to win the league. It's a mentality thing.
    They have the £20M Dembele money still to spend plus a fair chunk of the £60M from the last two years Champions League. They will dress it up as bringing in players in advance of next Summers Champions League qualifiers but I would be amazed if they don't spend decent money on a defender (Boyata will be gone in the Summer), an attacking midfielder (they haven't replaced Armstrong) and possibly another forward as Eduard/Griffiths are both injury prone

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    They are 0-3 up, above the Huns and in the league cup semis. They also gave him plenty of money at the start of the season to spend, he chose not to spend it all.

We could have been genuine contenders, we should have been far better placed by now to take advantage of this blip.

EDIT - make that 5
    Completely agree. I've said it before and no doubt will repeat myself in the future but all we needed to do was build a team that was able to get another 6 or so points from last season as somewhere in the low 80's is enough to win the league when celtic have an off year as they will have this season

Absolutely shocking tackle by Danny Swanson on Forrest. Fermers down to 10 men. 5-0 down. 40 minutes to go

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Absolutely shocking tackle by Danny Swanson on Forrest. Fermers down to 10 men. 5-0 down. 40 minutes to go
    Did he break his neck......................oh wait a minute

Maybe a certain record may go here

Page 399 of 954 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499899 ... LastLast