+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: who will be left to sign

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    You must be in your mid to late 50's? You had Ronnie Glavin didn't you? Scottish lad and a handy goalscorer as well? Derrick Parker in midfield - and Ian Banks? (who later played for us, along with his lad, Ollie Banks later on...)
    Yes I'm 54 sawmiller , I remember going to watch Rotherham against Blackpool early 90s and Banksy was in your side that day and crashed home the winner in the last minute , should have gone further in the game Ian Banks , had all the ability but liked his ale .

Aye remember standing on the slag tip in the open at Oakwell with it pi ssing it down watching us lose probably on more than one occasion..not always fun, at least I stayed dry on Saturday.These young uns and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Aye remember standing on the slag tip in the open at Oakwell with it pi ssing it down watching us lose probably on more than one occasion..not always fun, at least I stayed dry on Saturday.These young uns and all that...

British Rail Football Specials complete with a deck of cards and a carry bag full of tinned lager not forgetting the slightly knotted silk scarf was the way to go in the early 80s .

Coming out onto Millmoor Lane afterwards was an experience in those days and back to the rail station , you had to have your wits about you , got it easy these young lads today .

Gary Madine

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Gary Madine
    We are desperate if we end up signing him would be a shocking signing compared to the other strikers we've been linked with.

le fondre going to wigan should just be able to see madine now at the bottom of the barrel
    Last edited by rolymiller; 30-08-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Has Alfie been prolific recently ?

Roly, when you mentioned Santa, I thought that you meant one of the Santa Cruz brothers.... but, if we signed Madine it wouldn't be a good idea as most of the Millers fans would be on his back straight away, especially after the Wednesday "Three Crocked Amigos" signed by Steve Evans. I hope that Stubbsy will be able to understand that, and how it could alienate a lot of Milllers supporters, and even cut his managerial stay short.

This is getting silly now?

If we are only getting 1 striker in hope they're a bigger unit than Armstrong & La Fondre. Perm' signings striker/left back. Loan another big striker. 1 more would be a Centre back.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast