+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Charlie Slater.

Hope it's not the stags one with the camp voice, 😬

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    He's going to East Midlands T.V
    That doesn't stop him from going over the river as well on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening.
    Remember, he had an upgrade when he came to Notts from Mansfield.

I have supported Notts for decades and in my opinion he has been the best commentator we have ever had ( and I used to enjoy listening to Uncle Colin until his later years). He will be a big, big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Dave Bracegirdle is a massive Red Dogs fan. When he is commentating on NCCC he cannot help bringing Florest into his commentary, and is big mates with Luke Fletcher also a massive Red Dog. I often get a sense of him being slightly patronising towards Notts in some of his comments, and has zero chemistry with Stal. Leave him to the cricket I say.
    Exactly this.
    Very good on cricket but can't help mentioning Forest every match.
    Has no affinity towards Notts. Just does it as a job.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    That doesn't stop him from going over the river as well on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening.
    Remember, he had an upgrade when he came to Notts from Mansfield.

I have supported Notts for decades and in my opinion he has been the best commentator we have ever had ( and I used to enjoy listening to Uncle Colin until his later years). He will be a big, big loss.
    All this. I think Charlie and Stall have done a lot to dispel the notion of Notts as an old man’s club. Hope they have someone decent lined up as a replacement, preferably not Bracegirdle.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    All this. I think Charlie and Stall have done a lot to dispel the notion of Notts as an old man’s club. Hope they have someone decent lined up as a replacement, preferably not Bracegirdle.
    Please say stall is staying put ..!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think Charlie and Stall have done a lot to dispel the notion of Notts as an old man’s club.
    Totally agree.

'Uncle' Colin slater was a legend, but when he retired we needed a commentator who would connect the club to a new, younger generation and Charlie Slater has done that. He'll be a big loss, but at his age it's understandable that he needs to move on with his career like Martin Fisher and Darren Fletcher did from commentating on Forest for BBC Radio Nottingham. Good luck to him, he's good at his job.

I've enjoyed David Jackson's commentaries on Notts on the odd occasions he's done it. I don't know if he'd want the job, but I wouldn't mind if he took over.

I enjoy listening to David Jackson's questions in the pre match press interviews, always have a reason for asking the question. He tends to present the programmes on match days though, so I wonder if he would be tempted away from a cushy studio job. I would happily have him on board and think there would be chemistry between him and Stal.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I enjoy listening to David Jackson's questions in the pre match press interviews, always have a reason for asking the question. He tends to present the programmes on match days though, so I wonder if he would be tempted away from a cushy studio job. I would happily have him on board and think there would be chemistry between him and Stal.
    He would be the best man for the job for certain, but as he's a Fword fan I can't see him wanting to give up his presenting role where he gets paid to watch his team in the PL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234