+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: One last roll of the dice

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Your estimated odds are way off the mark compared to the real prices on offer. The general odds are these:

Notts to win at Swindon = 2/1
    Cambridge to win at Macclesfield = 9/4
    Combined odds = 8.75/1
    Those odds are complete bollox! All that shows us is what anybody with a modicum of sense knows - the bookies would not give you a boil on their backside. Or to put it another way - there is a reason why the bookies are rich & the punters are invariably poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Those odds are complete bollox! All that shows us is what anybody with a modicum of sense knows - the bookies would not give you a boil on their backside. Or to put it another way - there is a reason why the bookies are rich & the punters are invariably poor.
    they got it wrong installing us as preseason title favourites though

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    they got it wrong installing us as preseason title favourites though
    I wonder if anybody had a bet on us for relegation at the start of the season? if so, they are probably buying an island in the Bahamas.

I wonder if anybody had a bet on us for relegation at the start of the season? if so, they are probably buying an island in the Bahamas.
    Enter Elite

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Enter Elite
    Not quite. My first bet on us being relegated was in August last year at odds of 40/1 after Yeovil had stuffed us at home. I was optimistic of a good season before a ball was kicked, but that defeat was something that opened my eyes big time. I only had a fiver on, but if the worst happens tomorrow that and subsequent bets will pay for a couple of season tickets in the National League.

Those odds aren't complete bollox, they are factual. They are out there to be taken advantage of if you are convinced you know better.

In giving us a one in eight chance of survival, I think the bookies are about right.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'm in full agreement with you sidders.
    As am I.

I reckon about 8/1, maybe a bit under is about right. 10/1 and 10/1 were not only overly pessimistic but give combined odds of 120/1.

Quote Originally Posted by them0uf View Post
    I reckon about 8/1, maybe a bit under is about right. 10/1 and 10/1 were not only overly pessimistic but give combined odds of 120/1.
    I think there's always a significant difference between actual probabilities and what the bookies offer - weighted in their favour.

there are 9 possible scenarios ,notts can only stay up with one of those and it happens to be according to anyone who knows anything about football the least likely of those 9 scenarios football is a funny ol game but i wouldnt be putting any cash on us surviving whatever the bookies offer

ive ruled out the scenario where we win 8 nil because thats just ridiculous.....isnt it??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast