+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 1 in 6

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Stupid comments from you was the main reason that I did not post on here for almost four weeks.
    If you have nothing good to say then shut up.
    Good, how about another 4. I will continue to call out rampant stupidity in your posts as and when you post them. Which, coincidentally, is every time you come on here. If you don't want to be criticised for being ignorant and stupid, can I recommend you stop posting stupid and ignorant nonsense? Your misogyny is also going to be called out every time, I don't care how old you are.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    If you read their posts what do you object to?
    Absolutely everything they say. And I don't read all their posts, my mental health couldn't take it

It's my time and I have got lots of it thanks to Nicola so if you don't mind I'll waste some more and reply to you.��
    As we know after today's PMQ, Boris Johnson overruled his home secretary and kept the borders open to allow the virus to spread. If he had closed the borders, the virus would have been eliminated last July/August. So if you want to blame someone ...

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    As we know after today's PMQ, Boris Johnson overruled his home secretary and kept the borders open to allow the virus to spread. If he had closed the borders, the virus would have been eliminated last July/August. So if you want to blame someone ...
    Personally I think Boris made the right decision and Nicolas made an equally correct decision in not trying to implement a lock from our side.

Personally I think Boris made the right decision and Nicolas made an equally correct decision in not trying to implement a lock from our side.
    There's plenty evidence that lock down doesn't work but for me an initial ban on incoming foreign travellers and compulsory and supervised isolation for returning UK citizens would have had an early positive effect and we may not be where we are now had it been implemented. Would also have bought time to assess the situation and make more appropriate and considered ongoing decisions rather than the panic driven lock down we're currently enduring. China did it, look where they are now, serious errors by Boris and Sturgeon IMO.

We're an island, it should have been easy to manage the virus and prevent it swamping us. They didn't do it.

Disclaimer - I still think we're being fed incorrect information based on corrupt data and the whole thing remains blown out of all proportion and this is due to the fact that they will not admit they messed it up from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    There's plenty evidence that lock down doesn't work but for me an initial ban on incoming foreign travellers and compulsory and supervised isolation for returning UK citizens would have had an early positive effect and we may not be where we are now had it been implemented. Would also have bought time to assess the situation and make more appropriate and considered ongoing decisions rather than the panic driven lock down we're currently enduring. China did it, look where they are now, serious errors by Boris and Sturgeon IMO.

We're an island, it should have been easy to manage the virus and prevent it swamping us. They didn't do it.

Disclaimer - I still think we're being fed incorrect information based on corrupt data and the whole thing remains blown out of all proportion and this is due to the fact that they will not admit they messed it up from day one.
    I think you are right about the failure to put in proper controls for those who werecoming back. Shutting down the borders wouldhave had enormous effects on trade and food security and might have caused civil unrest, that was why I felt that we had to keep our borders open.

The 40,000 people who have died since last September when closing the borders would have kept most of them alive would disagree with you. Australia is currently quarantining tennis players in hotels for 2 weeks, that's because they value having their country back to normal. Scotgov also have very limited powers to close borders, none that are enforceable anyway.

I think you are right about the failure to put in proper controls for those who werecoming back. Shutting down the borders wouldhave had enormous effects on trade and food security and might have caused civil unrest, that was why I felt that we had to keep our borders open.
    The original Wuhan strain has been eliminated in the UK, last August it died out. What we have now are new strains, mostly from Spain and Italy. Some of the infections may have been brought by truckers but the vast majority of the problems were caused by holidaymakers not giving a phukk when in Benidorm and Tenerife.

When the tory decision to limit people to one dose of a vaccine doesn't stop hospitalisations and deaths, who will get the blame - Bawris or 'Sturgeon'

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The 40,000 people who have died since last September when closing the borders would have kept most of them alive would disagree with you. Australia is currently quarantining tennis players in hotels for 2 weeks, that's because they value having their country back to normal. Scotgov also have very limited powers to close borders, none that are enforceable anyway.
    Good grief give it up.

How on earth are 40,000 dead people going to disagree with BCram?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)