+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Our Premier league season

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think during the PL season some significant divides developed within the dressing room .

Most of what came in especially the foreign lads such as Tinkler , Krizan and Hristov weren't great and the fact they were on more money than Shez , Redders and Nicky Eaden who were better players and got us to the PL caused a rift .

Whether that was the difference between staying up or going down is hard to say but the dressing room most definitely wasn't what it was during the promotion season .

Both Redders and John Hendrie in their books touched on it .

Hendrie had seen it before at Boro when Ravenelli and Juniniho came in but to be fair to both those two they were great players for Boro .
    You can see why cryne went down to see players regarding conners new contract we offered.

How on earth was Ales Krizan on more than Redders, what did he ever do for the team ?.
    At least Eric Tinkler & Georgi Hristov had some sort of reputation as South African and Macedonian international players.

Like Ive said, I remember us facing Redders at Bradford in a League cup tie in '99, I think in the Bassett Wembley season. They were still in the Prem at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    How on earth was Ales Krizan on more than Redders, what did he ever do for the team ?.
    At least Eric Tinkler & Georgi Hristov had some sort of reputation as South African and Macedonian international players.

Like Ive said, I remember us facing Redders at Bradford in a League cup tie in '99, I think in the Bassett Wembley season. They were still in the Prem at that time.
    How did it finish up mate i cant remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    How did it finish up mate i cant remember it.
    I think we went 2 up and were defending late on after they pulled one back. And eventually we clinched it 3-1 in front of our own fans, but I can't remember who we played and probably lost to in the next round though!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I think we went 2 up and were defending late on after they pulled one back. And eventually we clinched it 3-1 in front of our own fans, but I can't remember who we played and probably lost to in the next round though!.
    Still beat a prem side though wa that waddle playin for them at that stage cos i remember him in a interview sayin although he was getting older he could still set up a couple of good scoring opportunities every game which qauility players can do.

If we would have kept redders we would have bounced straight back up... players come players go but there will only ever be 1 Neil Redfern ever

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    If we would have kept redders we would have bounced straight back up... players come players go but there will only ever be 1 Neil Redfern ever
    Yep, one Neil Redders... theres only one Neil Redders lol.

Btw lads, Im glad to see this has been a popular thread, where none of us are arguing (and thats a nice change isn't it lol).

Ohh, and did everybody notice Keith Lodge doing his Bernie Ecclestone impression.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234