+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ...plus, FGR did it to us first by "stealing" him in the first place
    I thought Noble was allowed to leave FGR because of "health matters". Then, it seems, it's because he wanted to be nearer his family in the NE. If these "health matters" were were simply home sickness then, instead of being 220 miles away from them in Gloucester, he is now only 140 miles away. Silence from FGR.

Tarkers, methinks there is more to this than meets the eye.

(Not tham I'm complaining, I'm glad he's back).

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Football is all about opinions - agreed?

IMO this is good news, an astute piece of business. As Elitepie grudgingly says, at least we didn't fork out 100K for him!!

It gives us an injection of fresh talent for the second half of the season and offsets the very real possibilty that Grant and Yates will be recalled by NFFC.

If any manager can get the best out of Noble it will be Nolan.

WELCOME HOME LIAM !!!
    How did you work out that I said it 'grudgingly'? I actually think that getting Noble back for free is a decent bit of business and strengthens the squad, but I'm sure you'll tell me what I really think as you obviously know my thoughts better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    How did you work out that I said it 'grudgingly'? I actually think that getting Noble back for free is a decent bit of business and strengthens the squad, but I'm sure you'll tell me what I really think as you obviously know my thoughts better than me.
    .....because your original comment was quote "I suppose the good news is that we saved ourselves £100,000".......by using the SUPPOSE you are inferring this is not really a "good news" signing BUT good news that we saved 100k

That's how I read it, without mind-reading, and I'm assuming that Pravda read it the same way?......tentatively assume?

Merriam-Webster - Definition of suppose
    supposed; supposing
    transitive verb
    1 a :to lay down tentatively as a hypothesis, assumption, or proposal

suppose a fire broke out

suppose you bring the salad

b (1) :to hold as an opinion :believe

they supposed they were early

(2) :to think probable or in keeping with the facts

seems reasonable to suppose that he would profit

2 a :conceive, imagine
    b :to have a suspicion of
    3 resuppose
    intransitive verb
    :conjecture, opine
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 12-10-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I thought Noble was allowed to leave FGR because of "health matters". Then, it seems, it's because he wanted to be nearer his family in the NE. If these "health matters" were were simply home sickness then, instead of being 220 miles away from them in Gloucester, he is now only 140 miles away. Silence from FGR.

Tarkers, methinks there is more to this than meets the eye.

(Not tham I'm complaining, I'm glad he's back).
    He probably told them to stick their Quorn Sausages up their Ar***

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Let's hope your strings don't break.
    Na only when he's snaring Rabbits with it, that's why it always sounds out of tune when he plucks it.

According to the FGR forum, there was a bust-up between Cooper and Noble some while ago (he was their Captain last season and possibly player-of-the-year?)......Noble got dropped, pulled a "sickie" citing homesickness ...then he signs for us as it's nearer to the NE......seems plausible.

.....because your original comment was quote "I suppose the good news is that we saved ourselves £100,000".......by using the SUPPOSE you are inferring this is not really a "good news" signing BUT good news that we saved 100k

That's how I read it, without mind-reading, and I'm assuming that Pravda read it the same way?......tentatively assume?
    It was merely a reference to the reports that said we could have paid £100,000 for him a couple of months back, nothing more or less than that. I said at the time that he would be a decent addition, but not if it meant paying a fee. As for mind-reading, my advice would be to stick to your goats. I 'suppose' you'll find them a more of a match intellectually.

According to the FGR forum, there was a bust-up between Cooper and Noble some while ago (he was their Captain last season and possibly player-of-the-year?)......Noble got dropped, pulled a "sickie" citing homesickness ...then he signs for us as it's nearer to the NE......seems plausible.
    He said while the transfer "saga" was going on that he wanted to come to Notts, I think it's a case of Forest Green trying too hard to hold on to a player who no longer wanted to be there, they managed to get him to sign an extension, probably gave him a pay rise to sweeten the deal but in the end he just didn't want to be there anymore and had had his hopes set on a return to Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post

It gives us an injection of fresh talent for the second half of the season and offsets the very real possibilty that Grant and Yates will be recalled by NFFC.
    Yes, that's the point, especially as O'Connor may be out until nearly the end of the season at best. Mind you, after the Forest fans saw those two for themselves on Saturday, there may not be such a clamour for them to have them back.

The talk of him being a replacement for Grant when he goes is quite funny, how many times has Grant played centre mid for us? How many times did Noble play on the wing for us? (Actually I do remember a terrible spell under someone where he was kind of played left mid but lets not go there)

He might take Yates' place in the team but I won't lose any sleep over that. If Grant does go back to Forest then Noble wouldn't be anything like the player to replace him as they're both completely different, though they do both score goals from midfield and create, they do it from different areas of the pitch and have much different resposibilities.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast