+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Summer Shopping List

re: Summer shoppoing list

It is a truism that a happy and relaxed squad will deliver better results than a fractious, disunited one. Last season we saw that demonstrated, with an implosion of confidence and discipline.
    This time, SD should not have to worry about extra-curricular matters, and with a young squad that, from what I have seen, individually likes each other and respects each other, we could be in for some pleasant surprises.
    The difficulty will be bringing in any players where we are light and gelling them into a homegrown squad.
    I am more hopeful now than I was mid-August 2013.

re: Summer Shopping List

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    James Bailey has been released by Derby ...
    yes please
    Keeper Adam Legzdins released too.[/quote]

Should never have got rid of this keeper. I would like to see him back...his experience would be good for young Garratt.[/quote]

I thought Steve Phillips was a much better 'keeper than either Legzdins or any of the raft of loanees. Etheridge was different in that he arrived at a crucial time: Martin out, or near enough; Phillips injured or not on top form; Ben not quite ready.

And I must agree with Supercrewe that James Bailey, while he was on the cusp of stardom here, did nothing for Derby or any of the clubs where he went on loan. I'm not sure we could improve on that.[/quote]

No brainer that SP was the better keeper of the two, considering at the time, as with over 400 appearances

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    yes please

Should never have got rid of this keeper. I would like to see him back...his experience would be good for young Garratt.[/quote]

I thought Steve Phillips was a much better 'keeper than either Legzdins or any of the raft of loanees. Etheridge was different in that he arrived at a crucial time: Martin out, or near enough; Phillips injured or not on top form; Ben not quite ready.

And I must agree with Supercrewe that James Bailey, while he was on the cusp of stardom here, did nothing for Derby or any of the clubs where he went on loan. I'm not sure we could improve on that.[/quote]

The only thing Bailey did at Derby that he dint do at Crewe was score,and a belter it were to.

Quote Originally Posted by fevver_tox
    yes please

The only thing Bailey did at Derby that he dint do at Crew

I thought Bailey was a good player and I was disappointed when he left as we had not seen enough of him. Started well at Derby so I don't know what went wrong.
    When he came here with Coventry he looked a shadow of the player he was.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    yes please

The only thi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234