+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: west ham (home)predictions

re: west ham (home)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    Basically PL's massively gambled Dan, he gave the impression he would go for it, and at some point has 'drawn his horns in' (discretion better part of valour? who's to say).
    For all those hurting out there, as said in the bar in Pulp Fiction 'That's pride f*****g with you'. Learn to manage it.
    He's getting a right pillorying now, just like after the match before last (as I fully expected). But yet again I say (in opinion) that lets see what the next four or so games bring. And, from there the close season ins and outs. He has learnt a fair bit about his fringe players today and am sure this will be reflected come June/July.
    Its all about 2015/16.
    Despair - you are being surprisingly upbeat.
    What worries me is that we have seen two major errors of judgement from PL. First, when he persistently went for a formation and style that was blatantly unsuited to the players we had. Seco

I was just about to reply direct to Aucks when I saw the above ie me and JR12 in agreement
    Aucks do not misinterpret my opinion as being 'blind faith' in PL.
    I personally think the same as JR in that who really honestly thought we would turn WH over ???
    And before we are pointed back to last season, that was a far different team than what we have now. Yes I quite agree on the face of it PL threw the towel in before the start, but even so he didn't instruct CT to do the things he did today albeit they could be construed as 'trying too hard'.
    WH are up there for a reason and are a good side we are in transition and PL has a short space of time to produce a miracle Ie turn us into a Prem side in just over a season and half.
    What the future holds if he fails , who can say.
    IMO we were not heading for promotion under GB (any time soon at any rate), with PL whose done it with Norwich we have a chance. Whether that was a fluke, we will find out within the course of next season.
    Is thi

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    Basically PL's massively gambled Dan, he gave the impression he would go for it, and at some point has 'drawn his horns in' (discretion better part of valour? who's to say).
    For all those hurting out there, as said in the bar in Pulp Fiction 'That's pride f*****g with you'. Learn to manage it.
    He's getting a right pillorying now, just like after the match before last (as I fully expected). But yet again I say (in opinion) that lets see what the next four or so games bring. And, from there the close season ins and outs. He has learnt a fair bit about his fringe players today and am sure this will be reflected come June/July.
    Its all about 2015/16.
    Despair - you are being surprisingly upbeat.
    What worries me is that we have seen two major errors of judgement from PL. First, when he persistently went for a formation and style that w

I'm of a firm belief Lambert targets games like Sam did.

But why? Please explain it to me. Are you saying he targeted the Boro and Fulham games, but not the Hull one?
    And if he always intended to sacrifice the Cup game, what about the 14000 Rovers fans who turned up to watch? Shouldn't Lambert have told them in advance that he wasn't trying to win? Doesn't it also make his "I expect us to win" comment a bit deceptive?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    But why? Please explain it to me. Are you saying he targeted the Boro and Fulham games, but not the Hull one?
    And if he always intended to sacrifice the Cup game, what about the 14000 Rovers fans who turned up to watch? Shouldn't Lambert have told them in advance that he wasn't trying to win? Doesn't it also make his "I expect us to win" comment a bit deceptive?[/quote]

The hull one we lost 3 key players for right before the game. If Burnley lost Keane, Barton and gray against league leaders hull, they would struggle too, and they are a top 6 side with much more depth to their squad.

And if he always intended to sacrifice the Cup game, what about the 14000 Rovers fans who turned up to watch? Shouldn't Lambert have told them in advance that he wasn't trying to win? Doesn't it also make his "I expect us to win" comment a bit deceptive?[/quote]

The hull one we lost 3 key players for right before the game. If Burnley lost Keane, Barton and gray against league leaders hull, they would struggle too, and they are a top 6 side with much more depth to their squad.[/quote]

Fair point, but what about the Cup game? Tell me why he was right to deceive the supporters about setting out to win the match.

No managers say they plan to lose, ever. Nobody complained when bowyer fielded under strength line ups last season in the fa cup. Only difference being the outcome of those games.

No managers say they plan to lose, ever. Nobody complained when bowyer fielded under strength line ups last season in the fa cup. Only difference being the outcome of those games.
    Well, that is a pretty BIG difference!
    To be honest, Saxo, I totally accept that the league is our first priority, but a heavy defeat like that is going to do nothing for the team's morale.
    I think the Derby game will tell us a lot about the future of this group of players. Let's hope what it tells us is positive.

That's about the crux of it Aucks - hence my view 'massively gambled'. This with both squad morale and support 'temperament'.
    It's the support temperament that is the one that concerns me most, as I can see both your sides 'arguments'. If he has learnt anything at all about our support, he should know they can turn almost on a sixpence given our recent experiences of owner/management.
    I have to say I was fairly shocked with his 'I expect us to win' shout.
    Why on earth not say (in GB speak) 'the lads put out will give it a right good go'?
    Now I could take this either of two ways - the guy is actually an idiot, Or, it was some form of bravado in order to try to put WH a little off their stride.
    I would like to think it was the latter, purely because, if the squad at least are in on the 'deal', then yes the 'reformed team' on Wed Can step out and step up and get back on with the real business of the season.
    That is not to say I believe that totally, but what I hope is the case, a

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)