+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread u23s

Brilliant. Thanks Phil

We now join the winners list

2013–14 Reading 4–3* Manchester City
    2014–15 Southampton 2–1* Blackburn Rovers
    2015–16 West Ham United 1–1* Hull City
    West Ham won 5–3 on penalties
    2016–17 Swansea City 2–0 Reading
    2017–18 Aston Villa 0–0 Swansea City
    Aston Villa won 4–1 on penalties
    2018–19 Everton 1–0 Newcastle United

2019–20 Tournament curtailed with no champion crowned, due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the United Kingdom
    2020–21 Tournament not held, due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the United Kingdom

2021-22 WBA 2 Wolves 2* WBA win 5-4 on pens
    Last edited by phild; 13-05-2022 at 09:19 PM.

I tell you what the Albion fans are getting their moneys worth tonight its been an age getting the presentation stage set up I doubt any Wolves fans are staying behind to watch this LOL The lads are now taking a lap of honour, well a half a lap!!!

And finally the WINNERS take to the presentation stage to receive their winners medals, great reception from the fans - any ticker tape and fireworks er NO - WELL DONE LADS as The Liquidator begins to play

Great result for the lads, did really well to get back to 2-2, but some poor penalties there! A win is a win, though, excellent!

What a shambles, though, in putting the presentation stand together? Why couldn’t they have a camera in front of the stage for the presentation? I have to say, too, that it was not good to play the Liquidator after the presentation, given that the usual words will be sung, I thought it poor form, we have won after all, no need to rub it in with that. Having said that, another ‘Well Done’ to the lads.

Well done lads! Looked like we wouldn’t do it so many times. How many keepers have saved 3 in a row before I wonder?

Thanks Phil.....good commentating.....👍👍

Well done to our Under23's but I wonder how many of them will make our First X1 in the future?

Poor form, rubbish why not play the liquidator, the players and the crowd me included sang with them. Why put a dampener on a brilliant night. These brave local kids have done us proud, Taylor and Ashworth are future stars.

That is the 1st time I have seen West Brom win anything live (albeit U23 as opposed to 1st team).
    A couple of beers in Bham beforehand, the train we ideally wanted to catch was cancelled (nothing new there)
    Caught the next one, arrived at the ground to see long queues at the East stand turnstiles with less than 10 mins before kick off
    Then heard the kick off was put back by 10 mins (wise).
    Although it had been stated that the Wolves fans had to enter from Middlemore Road, the gates at the back of the SME
    were open so a flow of fans going through there.
    Managed to find a shorter queue to get into the East stand, a good atmosphere was being created.
    Got into the ground and found our seats on the half way line 2/3 up the stand.
    A good atmosphere and of course the banter between the 2 sets of supporters.
    Lots of younger folk there, well it was £1.
    The sun was in our eyes during all of the 1st half but the game was enjoyable especially taking the lead but Wolves had most
    possession.
    Half time, A lad with us queued and queued for beer but alas it ran out as he was virtually at the front of the queue.
    He did try later at 90 min but was suprised that the bars were shut.
    Extra time, Wolves went ahead and we thought that was probably it, the Wolves supporters enjoying their moment.
    Albion scored and it was mad. A young WBA lad ran on the field towards our goalie in celebration. He was chased
    firstly by stewards and then police, but he got back over the hoarding and after a telling off I think was left to be.
    Our keeper played well all match so I had some faith that we might do well in the penalty shoot out.
    A few heart stopping moments and our players encouraging the fans to keep up the noise (at times during the game
    it did go quiet for peiords).
    When the winning penalty went in , a pitch invasion, and a lot going over to the Wolves fans (not sensible).
    I believe it is an offence to go on the pitch?
    Eventually the pitch was cleared, the Wolves suppporters left the stadium.
    A platform was built to allow the presentation to take place (completely unnecessary). Took a while to construct from lego.
    Officials took their medals and some booed them (childish)
    Wolves took their medals with stronger booes, (very childish)
    WBA took their medals with strong applause. Great stuff
    They then decided to play the liquidator (no comment)
    A great night following a season of mediocrity from the 1st team. Best fiver I've spent in a while

A little disturbing though to see a lad of around 10/11 looking like a minimee of his dad abusing the Wolves supporters
    from afar with all the songs and gestures you expect from morons.
    I suppose you have to train the next generation !!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)