+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dundee

re: Dundee

Don't think Hartley will be defensive with Dundee as he has now got a better squad of players than with Alloa.

No question the penalty and sending off probably cost us the game. Up to that point queens were very much in the game.

Btw how anybody can think Dowie has been shocking in the last 2 games is beyond me.

Snedee

It was a penalty but I don't think many fair minded followers of football respect this silly sending off rule.

It ruiins games - I remember rab Douglas being sent off after about 3 minutes at Palmerston playing for Dundee for a foul on weatherston when he had no chance of scoring. You talk about ruining a football match.

Managers don't want this rule and the reality is that there are now far too many dismissals for innocuous incidents.

11 v 10 for an entire half is a massive advantage and totally distorts the balance of play . That said we had as many great chances as you did and with 11 on the park I would have been surprised if we had lost to you.

Ifs buts and maybes - the fact is that we have had a massive self destruct tendency this season and if we cannot curb this habit we may miss out on play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by sneddee
    yes a defo pen imo, it dosnt matter how u win, 3 points all that matters m8 and we could have had a few more goals that our attacking football deserved!!! good luck if u reach the play-offs!
    How you come to the conclusion that Dundee "could have had a few more goals" is beyond me. There was nothing in the 1st half and in the 2nd half both sides hit the woodwork and each keeper had a 1 on 1 save to make.

The game was ultimately decided by a 5 second incident. You would not have thought that it was 11 v 10 at any stage in the game and for the top team in the league unable to dominate having a man advantage was quite poor from their side.

Had it been 11 v 11 for 90 minutes QoS would have probably won.

. had more clear cut chances than you, and we were comfortable all through the game m8 and even if you's did have 11, we still would have been in control. we dominated midfield! spoke to a queens supporter after the match and he said to me you deserved the win all the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTwoddle
    yes a defo pen imo, it dosnt matter how u win, 3 points all that matters m8 and we could have had a few more goals that our attacking football deserved!!! good luck if u reach the play-offs!
    How you come to the conclusion that Dundee "could have had a few more goals" is beyond me. There was nothing in the 1st half and in the 2nd half both sides hit the woodwork and each keeper had a 1 on 1 save to make.

The game was ultimately decided by a 5 second incident. You would not have thought that it was 11 v 10 at any stage in the game and for the top team in the league unable to dominate having a man advantage was quite poor from their side.

Had it been 11 v 11 for 90 minutes QoS would have probably won.[/quote]

And if my Granny had baws...

Quote Originally Posted by sneddee
    . had more clear cut chances than you, and we were comfortable all through the game m8 and even if you's did have 11, we still would have been in control. we dominated midfield! spoke to a queens supporter after the match and he said to me you deserved the win all the best!!
    You need to take of your Dark Blue glasses.
    BBC report on match reads Queens 6 shots, 3 on target. Dundee 7 shots, 1 on target and 50% possession each.

Although I do question the accuracy of that because I recall Queens keeper saving from 1 on 1 chance plus the penalty would equal at least TWO shots on target. That aside, this was a close game inspite of 11 v 10.

bbc match report? never accurate m8! we'll agree to disagree. imo, the pitch is shyte also. hope you's beat falkirk.

That particular pitch is "shyte"? Or you mean ALL artificial surfaces for professional matches are?

Nothing in yesterday's game and to say Dundee dominated midfield suggests you are happy with mediocrity or you see the game only one way. On clear cut chances queens slightly shaded it over the 90 minutes, but the penalty decision got your noses in front. If Dundee do go up, and that's a big if, then they will be straight back down. From what i seen the lad up front was the only stand out for you. The keeper had a solid game, but as for the rest, they would struggle for a queens jersey.

Of all the sides this season I have seen, there is only one that I could say have dominated a game against the south and that was Hamilton.

Typical Dundee fan, talking up there side and got them world beaters. And how a spectator can say the pitch is useless? Surely that's for the players to say! Unless you have experience of playing on it. No doubt you thought it was blue in colour

Why all the aggression towards the Dundee boy.At least he`s taken the time to post on our site.
    Whenever Dundee come down they bring a great following and in the last 10 years have produced some great games.
    Think they`ll probably win league but if they dont we can look forward to another 2 extra paydays in what is looking like a financial bonanza season!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)