+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Callum brittain

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    When it kicks in, we will still have won as many Premier League Titles as Liverpool, more than Spurs, Villa, Everton etc.
    We will still proudly hold the record going back over 135 years of being Britains most successful town team.
    We will still have a category A academy.
    And we will remain higher up the table than Barnsley, as ever, and you will remain lower league rubbish.
    That has been the case over the past 135 years, it will remain the same for the next 135 years.
    The one memory you will never have, that I have .....watching your side beat Man Utd to a league title. And picking up that title at Anfield. Having watched football at every single level, that was by far the best. Closely followed by seeing my side get to a league cup final and beating Spurs in front of 85k. Major honours.
    It's what seperates the men from the boys.
    You wouldn't know about any of that following your little club in Yorkshire. Over here we do things properly.
    Pahahaha!! Contradictory again- ‘as ever ‘ - you were below us 5 years ago !!

900 fans more - wowsers , surprised you can fit em all in.

You’ll be lucky to pick up any more major honours in your lifetime mi owd fruit

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I will say one thing.
    FFP won't kick in as we are run properly now.
    Back a few years ago we dipped into a transfer embargo,due to non football people advising venkys but now we have people of knowledge looking out for us.
    Yes we are in debt and I am not about to say otherwise but we a crucially meeting the requirements to stay within the allowed amount of loses.
    I suggest you look at teams such as Stoke who continue to overspend and continue to get away with it.
    We get punished,they should ten fold.
    Now back to your discussion.
    You are massively in debt and your last 4 years accounts are the worst out of the last 5 years so not quite sure when you started getting advice.
    The facts are simple , are you a bigger club than us - yes , but only marginally. Youvturnover £2m more than us yet have nearly double the wage bill.
    Players aren’t attracted to BRFC because of some silverware 30 years ago - it’s an unfashionable place (as barnsley is), it’s a pig to get to in terms of commuter belt / they come for the wages - this is the case historically with Sunderland and newcastle - paying inflated wages for average players . Let’s be honest , no one outside of the catchment area or linked to a barnsley or BRFC supporting family member, grows up saying I want to play for barnsley or BRFC ! You are around £170m in debt and around £82m of that is the last 5 years. FFP is £39m in last 3 years, you are way way over this and trust me , should you not get promoted (as mentioned before I think you could well be the surprise struggler this season), you are in big big trouble

From what I can see on your last set of accounts published incorporated the whole Adam Armstrong transfer fee under tangible asset trading, when in reality the transfer fee is usually paid over the period of the outgoing players new contract if I’m not mistaken . If you break that down into x years you get a very grim set of books. Put it this way, if my business owed the bank as much as BRFC do I wouldn’t be getting told I’m doing a good job!

Excellent. On cue he did not let me down.

He seems very interested in our little Lancastrian club.

I look forward very much to reading more.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Excellent. On cue he did not let me down.

He seems very interested in our little Lancastrian club.

I look forward very much to reading more.
    I have no more to say, everything you have mentioned , I’ve answered with examples. Picked holes and flaws in your arguments - although they are tantamount to a child’s tantrum more than arguments

To suggest you have somehow dictated this is pure folly and I and other readers see you for what you come across as and what you paint your own picture as - a very uneducated individual (who would now want to retort with your no doubt long list of qualifications- so don’t go doing it as tempting as it might be as this would ultimately back up my point). ASI pr3viously said, crawl back under the stone from which you came, as will I

Time will tell - I may well be proven wrong , but we will see

We run up debt each season but my question to you is,why is it we are not in trouble with FFP?
    the debt gets watered down through phantom shares.
    I am not saying I agree with this but just dealing with facts here.
    Loads of clubs use loopholes to escape punishment.
    Again I don't agree with it but these are facts that cannot be ignored.

We run up debt each season but my question to you is,why is it we are not in trouble with FFP?
    the debt gets watered down through phantom shares.
    I am not saying I agree with this but just dealing with facts here.
    Loads of clubs use loopholes to escape punishment.
    Again I don't agree with it but these are facts that cannot be ignored.
    I agree , dealing with facts is the only way. The facts are you sold your training ground to an arm of venkys for just shy of £17m - this loophole is now closed, the AA sale looks to have gone through as a lumper. Let’s be right loopholes are laws at the end of the day , and only those making the rules are the ones to tell you why they exist- to suit there own means perhaps?

You can only get away with it so long as these loopholes/laws are getting closed by the EFL. As a club you have one of the highest player wage to revenue ratios - around 180%. You only have so many assets to shift that are ground based before player trading is the only outlet. I would say you are under a microscope on your dealings and accounts , the one HUGE asset is Diaz and I would imagine an imminent sale of him is keeping the wolves from the door - I think a similar thing happened when Birmingham sold Bellingham , yet breached FFP twice

For what it’s worth if you sign Callum styles, now there is a quality player - but blended in to the vast majority but the lad has massive potential and talents would be best served higher up the pyramid

My prediction? Diaz will be gone by the end of august!

Yes you are right,we did have the highest wage turnover but not anymore.
    Only Ayala remains the highest earner possibly 20k a week but don't quote me on that.
    Diaz will be gone but we will reinvest on players on relatively low wages.
    We are slowly getting our house in order.
    As I said if FFP is a thing that annoys you and trust me it does me,I suggest you look at others in the league before slinging mud at us.
    What we have done is not great but we are trying to make it right.
    Is stoke trying???

Yes you are right,we did have the highest wage turnover but not anymore.
    Only Ayala remains the highest earner possibly 20k a week but don't quote me on that.
    Diaz will be gone but we will reinvest on players on relatively low wages.
    We are slowly getting our house in order.
    As I said if FFP is a thing that annoys you and trust me it does me,I suggest you look at others in the league before slinging mud at us.
    What we have done is not great but we are trying to make it right.
    Is stoke trying???
    If you look though this started off with CB and not you as a club , as it’s transpired with others I’ve had personal insults in my direction- granted I’ve now put a couple back - if you prod a lion with a chair leg and all that , so club based are minor.

The problem with FFP is bourne from greed of which the PL are guilty. Everyone wants to be in the promised land yet only 3 a season can be successful . That then leaves cl7bs as collateral damage.

Parachute payments are there to prop up the ‘elite’ and create a divide in the division below ie championship. When someting in the region of 88% of teams in receipt of parachute payments make it back to the PL within this period doesn’t that say it all?

Sides who don’t - in recent years Wigan and Sunderland find themselves HAVING to get to the championship to avoid SCMP. Why isn’t SCMP implemented In The championship and PL ? In my opinion it’s because the EFL want big money being spent to broaden the appeal of the championship to a global audience , because you’ve got for the first time sides spending £15m & £20m on players - this then sits it behind PL , la Liga and bundesliga - the championship is getting more views than chuffing serie A!

The only way to properly implement FFP (if you don’t do SCMP)is to demote teams - Derby should’ve been sent spiralling to the bottom of the heap - make an example of someone - as much as the SPL is malignedthe SFA didn’t waste any time sending Rangers packing

The EFL are to blame in short, as much as I might appear a pain the rectum I have emailed them to this effect

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)