+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens v Rangers

re: Queens v Rangers

I agreee with Fatfan on the subject of teams being scared of the Rangers. So often teams in Scotland who are capable of beating Rangers freeze because they think that they are playing a footballing giant with a vast army of support.The reality is that Rangers are slightly better than Queens but the gap is pretty small in playing terms and if we are to win we need to believe in ourselves and avoid any unprofessional stupidity.

Ranngers have arguably more hotheads than us - lets put them under pressure, keep our discipline at all times, and we might just find that guys like Black, McCulloch, Moshni and Boyd may get themselves frustrated and into trouble without us "shooting ourselves in the foot".

The longer the game goes on and we are drawing or winning, then these characters mentioned are liable to snap. Let's be ultra professional in our approach. I expect a furious ariel bombardment early on from then with the giants Mohsni and McCulloch to the fore.

The last time we played Rangers at Palmerston there was 6,155 fans there . That was a midweek game & also live on BBC ALBA

The weather & being close to Christmas might see the crowd lower this time

[quote="fatfan"]Getting away from crowd numbers for a second and back to the team. I sincerely hope the manager gets back to the side that gave us a good run of results with a 4-4-2 formation and with Danny and Baird coming back into the side.

I can understand why he felt the need to change things against hearts as they are particularly strong in the middle of the park, although I didn't really agree with it, I could see the managers logic.

This is a different game though and I don't see the need to flood the midfield as I really fancy Kerr and McShane against donkey black and whoever comes in beside him. If it's nicky law then admittedly we would have to keep a close eye on him, but for me he is the type of player that if things aren't going his way then the effort goes as the game goes on, so if we kept a tight rain on him for 45 mins then we will cope well in midfield. I would also fancy Baird and Reilly causing there back four all kinds of problems.

Not been at his best but maybe this could be the game he returns to form
    . Noticed also that Paton was on the bench on Saturday , can't see him starting but maybe bring him on 2nd and see what he can offer .

Is Kiltie available for this one ?

JRS, my arithmetic leaves much to be desired but I have to challenge your figures. All attendances are taken from the official site.
    We have played eight competitive games at Palmerston so far this season. Attendances at these games total 12321: so I make that an average of 1540. If we then include the games against Hearts and Hibs we have attendances totalling 20938 at at an average of 2093. I don't know how many of the 12321 were away fans but I suspect enough to take the average below 1500. Even if we were to assume that there were no away fans at any of the eight games outwith the games against Hearts and Hibs we can only get to a total of 17129 home fans at an average of 1712 per game (which obviously errs on the generous side) so I stand by my "around 1500: a bit more for home games against 'the big three' and a bit fewer for the less glamorous games". I am happy to concede, though, that with these figures each of us is guilty of comparing apples with pears.

I agree with you tha

I can well understand anyone's frustration with Danny - I find his failure to score goals and deliver decent final balls to be really perplexing. Getting away a decent shot or driving a cross in are actually two of the easiest facets of the game. Much harder to beat two defenders and get to the byeline.

I have said it repeatedly - a good coach would identify Danny's weaker areas and work relentlessly on getting the player to drive low crosses in between the last defender and the goalkeeper. If he does that - job done players like Gavin, Baird and Lyle will get on the end of their fair share. Similarly with shooting - focus on hitting the target preferably with shots aimed at bottom corner - if keeper saves fair enough.

All that being said I still feel that Danny is the best choice in his position especially with no Burns or Paton. On the positive Danny is a real grafter and he has no shortage of skill. He does cause defenders real problems and if he could improve the two areas mentio

I would go with Danny Carmichael.
    The big problem with Danny is his final ball.
    He really needs to work on it but I would still play him.at least Danny gets into good position
    Amazing that he has not scored for a very long time but hopefully goals will come from him.

Glasgow Rangers, **** 'em all day long with an iron bar the size of the Eiffel Tower.

Trying to get into this sending links thing - view external link

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)