+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The cricket

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    This is what happens when you start digging a hole it never ends. This bs as to stop its getting really bl0ody stupid now

Daily Mail headline

'James Anderson deletes 2010 tweet about Stuart Broad's 'lesbian haircut' as MORE cricket stars including World Cup-winning captain Eoin Morgan are dragged into witch-hunt and squad is forced to undergo 'racism workshops''

Racism workshops!!! wtf
    Free speech will soon become a crime in this country!

NZ are one of the top two Test Match sides in the world and we constantly disrespect them by playing them two or three times in a series.

They deserve the same respect as Australia and India and should be played 4 or 5 times home and away.

Love their captain Kane Williamson as well, so positive just like Brendan McCullum before him.

NZ always seem to have such a great attitude when it comes to sport whereas we are so staid and stodgy.

Now Joe Root is spouting off about the need for their education on PC matters. I would like to see him keep his mouth shut on such matters and concentrate on scoring runs. He come across to me as a weak individual and he is doing himself no favours by going all PC. I’ve never been convinced of his captaincy abilities, despite a record that look pretty good on paper. He has been very lucky in that he has had people like Anderson, Broad and Stokes to retrieve some difficult situations. Root is, of course, a brilliant batsman; stick to the cricket, Joe, keep away from the PC nonsense.

FAO Mick. For a number of reasons I have not seen a ball bowled in the last two tests. However I do know that you have been somewhat critical of Burn’s qualities as a batsman. Even though he has scored a few runs recently I assume your opinions remain unaltered? I have no strong views on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    FAO Mick. For a number of reasons I have not seen a ball bowled in the last two tests. However I do know that you have been somewhat critical of Burn’s qualities as a batsman. Even though he has scored a few runs recently I assume your opinions remain unaltered? I have no strong views on the issue.
    I haven’t changed my view mate.

He’ll be a “walking wicket” in Australia this winter as will Sibley.

Crawley is really starting to worry me.

We have the worst top three in my living memory for England.

I think that the England cricket team could do with a ‘Mike Brearley’ type to captain the team and leave Joe Root to concentrate on his batting.

On another point, I notice that the BBC online scorecard now lists the ‘batsmen’ as ‘batters’, FFS!

If Root concentrated on catching the ball instead of PC statements then we'd have had another wicket. An absolute 'dolly' of a catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    If Root concentrated on catching the ball instead of PC statements then we'd have had another wicket. An absolute 'dolly' of a catch!
    Spot on - his Robinson statement was top drawer woke sh1te. He requires stripping of his captaincy as with Southgate. They've gone so far down the PC rabbit hole

I said earlier this week, it is now a part of the Job interview, anybody being considered for a captain’s job or at the head of any U.K. sporting team will have to convince the people interviewing him of his “diversity” and “Woke” credentials.

The whole thing is a crock of s h I t.

The PC Nazi’s have taken over.

Returning to the actual cricket, I feel that Bracey is not an international class wicketkeeper. In fact, I think that he has been poor. As an ex-club cricket wicketkeeper I feel sorry for the lad but he has been extremely untidy and for all that the commentators are saying that the ball is moving about a lot, should be doing much better. Now, he's just caught Taylor which should help his confidence but it was the sort of catch that any wicketkeeper should back themselves to catch 99.9% of the time.
    Now he's dropped another catchable ball in the same over. Backs up my point.
    Last edited by Leicesterbaggie; 12-06-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)