+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ashworth

Think I’d prefer to see if the Premier League have the balls to slap them with a transfer way ban.

If Ashworth has inside knowledge of our player contracts and our transfer targets, and he’s been tapped up and disclosed confidential information, then let him go, but only to sit and rot within a Man Utd set up that can’t dip their toes in the transfer market for 2 seasons!!!

Then rat face can decide if he thinks £1m a year for Ashworthless to sit in his garden is good value for money! Whether for us or ManU, that’s all he should be doing until the end of 2025

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Agreed, the club would basically be sending a pre legal notification to MUFC and Ashworth.

Berrada using an Ineos email address at the very least implicates (if not evidences) that Berrada was acting on behalf of MUFC so they are dragged into all of this… and also puts Berrada in a sticky situation if Man City decide they want to go after him for breaching his contract too.

I’d be surprised if Man Utd aren’t scrambling and wanting to get this sorted as quickly as possible now.

One more thing… this totally trashes Ashworth as far as future employment is concerned… he’s been shown to be unreliable and it’s gonna stick to him for the rest of his career.
    I believe Berrada was also still on Gardening Leave from City. Using the Ineos Email address is a 'smoking gun' tying his actions to the red filth and Ratface's nest of pigs.

We don't really know what's going on behind the scenes. If the filth are smart (which from top to bottom it doesn't look like they are) they'll be desperate to conclude this asap as you correctly comment Nufcian mate.

However, I just get the feeling that Ratface and his yes men truly believe that this is all just 'Laughable' and that he'll get Ashworth for nothing via sporting arbitration.

From one point of view, there is part of me that wants this to drag on and on so that Ashworth rots all summer and then gets banned from football for 1-2 yrs. That would be delightful

Another part of me wants the EPL / FA to throw the book at the filth during this summer transfer window and suspend them from transfers massive fine and people suspended from football operations.

My only concern is that it's The Filth, so the EPL / FA won't punish them correctly. Masters and his chinless crew of cowards won't want to upset them or the status quo when City are gonna get hit with penalties facilitating a return all be it via the backdoor for the Dirty unwashed of Old Trafford.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Straight swap, Ashworth for Mainoo and we'll say no more about it. Seems fair to me.
    I wouldn't take him, he's totally over hyped. He's the new Januzzi

It'd affect the development of Louis Miley's career who still has Mainoo in his back pocket from that Cup thrashing at the swamp!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    I wouldn't take him, he's totally over hyped. He's the new Januzzi

It'd affect the development of Louis Miley's career who still has Mainoo in his back pocket from that Cup thrashing at the swamp!
    Maybe, but as it stands he is a talent with potential in a defensive midfield position we could use and worth a darn sight more than Ashworth.

.....partly agree with you to be fair and more of a disposable comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post

My only concern is that it's The Filth, so the EPL / FA won't punish them correctly. Masters and his chinless crew of cowards won't want to upset them or the status quo when City are gonna get hit with penalties facilitating a return all be it via the backdoor for the Dirty unwashed of Old Trafford.
    Yep, this bit ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Yep, this bit ^^^
    I always quote Dana White when I'm talking to the managers of my companies "don't leave it in the hands of the judges"

You can't trust the FA/EPL to do the right thing by the letter of the law. They've looked at Spurs' legacy corruption but that went away pretty quickly and quietly.

The red filth have so many skeletons in their closets that the'd be lucky to be competing in the conference north if all their corruption was brought to book. The red filth, Fergi etc are the architects of the blue print to the cheating & corruption was behind the scenes that are being punished today.

It's 16k IMAX clarity hypocrisy for ManU to whine and complain about anything. The whole Barrada & Ashworth scandal is precisely how that club operates.

We can't leave it in the hands of the judges, Masters and his cadre of shills to actually do their job and punish the corrupt club fully. It will be a slap on the wrist and the lightest fines and least amount of bans etc they can impose. The illusion of them doing their job rather than actually doing their job, being an authority that fans can respect & providing a genuine deterrent to clubs who think they can just do as they please, who thing they are beyond the rules.

Fat chance that will ever happen. So NUFC, as a club and a board have to do it themselves.

They need to take out a big legal hammer, bash the red filths brains in with it & screw them for every last red cent they can, whilst also sidelining C-Ashworth the midget coward as long as they possibly can to disrupt the filths plans as long as possible.

It gets better - how ****ing stupid is Ashworth. . . I'm beginning to think he believed his own hype and that he could be touched.

Dan Ashworth reportedly had a meeting with Wolves after being placed on gardening leaving by Newcastle without informing his employers.

In the latest twist to the sporting director's tumultuous break-up with the Magpies, Ashworth is believed to have met with his Wolves counterpart Matt Hobbs at the club's training ground in March.

Ashworth informed Newcastle of his wish to join Manchester United as their new sporting director in February and was placed on gardening leave, a period that minority owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe has suggested expires towards the end of 2025.

Newcastle have been waiting for the Red Devils to make a reasonable offer, which so far has not gone beyond £2million.

According to the i, Ashworth met with the Wolves sporting director without the knowledge of the Magpies, this was to do with his son who is an under 18 player at Wolves. There was also a chance meeting with the Wolves boss O'Neil.

The report claims that United were made aware of the meeting 'sometime after the event' after reports linked Wolves boss Gary O'Neil the Old Trafford job. They state there is no suggestion Ashworth was involved in any discussion at United about the O'Neil.

It comes after Mail Sport reported that Ashworth sent an email to a Newcastle address inadvertently revealing he was being tapped up by incoming Manchester United chief executive Omar Berrada- who was still on gardening leave from Manchester City.

Mail Sport revealed that the pair had a conversation in early February and Ashworth followed that up by sending an email to Berrada - at an INEOS account - making it clear he wanted to accept the opportunity of becoming Man United’s sporting director.

However, Ashworth sent a blind copy to his own Newcastle email address, clumsily disclosing to the club the covert negotiations with Berrada. Man United, at this point, had not informed Newcastle of their interest in Ashworth.

Berrada does not officially start at Old Trafford until July 13 and he had been on gardening leave from Man City for less than a month when engaging with Ashworth, potentially breaching the terms of his contract.

---------------------------------------------------
    The official line from Ashworth seems to be he was going about his son, who is a youth player at Wolves. However, Wolves have confirmed that their Sporting Director wouldn't usually meet the parents of under 18 players - however, he has had proffessional contact with Ashworth before.

Fact, there was a chance meeting (chance my arse) with O'Neil and then he starts getting linked with a coach role at Man Utd. . . .****ing stinks to high heaven.

After this latest one - I don't see how Ashworth thinks he stands a chance at trying to force us to deal early.

Man Utd can **** off if they think we'll let him go cheap now. We hold out for the full £15 million, quite frankly, I'd say we want £20 million now.

I also note, their new owner has place a couple of senior management types on gardening leave as they are leaving. . . funny - I thought gardening leave was silly.

I wonder how much they really rate him. If they were desperate to get him doing what he's supposed to be good at then he should be in the thick of the work project now.

Looking at their set up they need to get their fingers out and get him paid off. Just look at how many times in the recent past they have wasted that sort of money on poorly judged transfers and lost out millions on them.

It just does not make financial sense and the longer it gets the stupider Manure look.

I think we should take the pIss and put pressure on them. Every month they welch the price goes up by another Million.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 12-06-2024 at 09:31 PM.

He probably IS in the thick of the work, behind the scenes, passing on information. I just hope we have somebody clever monitoring his actions while on “ gardening leave”

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    He probably IS in the thick of the work, behind the scenes, passing on information. I just hope we have somebody clever monitoring his actions while on “ gardening leave”
    If he was caught at that and proven both Manure and Ashworth would be in very deep shyte

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)