+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari Arnason

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What’s their excuse from dropping and raising their standards?
    I think it’s unlikely they’ll go through a season winning every game but they won’t drop their standards depending on the opposition

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I think it’s unlikely they’ll go through a season winning every game but they won’t drop their standards depending on the opposition
    Something we agree on.
    I’ve said many a time before.
    We have been their closest challengers in recent years and thus they don’t drop their standards against us, whilst lower teams get that occasional benefit.

Newsflash! It is entirely possible to celebrate moderate success whilst accepting limitations, shortcomings, near misses, off days, if-onlys, etc, whilst also demanding/expecting/wishing for improvement, not only in entertaining play, but in 'cups-in-the-cab'.

The great anomaly on here is that, the so-called Happy Clappers rarely if ever state doubts that we can/should improve, yet the 'pants-ρishers demand improvement whilst wringin oot their pants-ρish ower any spark o' hope that this might actually occur.

Ah seem tae remember, nae so lang ago, that even the moderately positive amongst us would reduce their whole argument to one word .... "Believe"

Newsflash! It is entirely possible to believe without being deluded, and entirely possible to be comfortable in our belief that we felt no need to 'bully' unbelievers/otherwise-believers into 'believing' .... it was/is their loss ... but they were always welcome to join ... even if they brought their doubts along like a personal 'sookie-blanket'.

As I read things, the only thing we all accept re. second place is, that it's better than third, or less, .... better than our resources give us a right to, better than the huns.

... Not as good as Celtic, true ... but ... in terms o' budget, and in terms o' the League, ffs ... are we expectin oor Robin Reliant tae overtake a Mercedes, and stay ahead til oor tank rins oot and hope we've done enough?

... well, Ah 'believe' ... we're potentially on the right track. A cup next season is within oor capability ... and we've twa shottys ... 'believe!'

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post

are we expectin oor Robin Reliant tae overtake a Mercedes, '
    See Young Boys Bern.

4.5m Euro budget last season while Basel got 40m of the Champions league alone and all the monies included from the previous 6 seasons. BSCYB have never qualified for the Champions league before. Basel have more money than the whole league combined and have for a long time

Who are the newly crowned champions? Young Boys definitely believed

Hopp YB, they give us all hope

Cant we just have a proper go and not believe the league is won in August for a change

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    See Young Boys Bern.

4.5m Euro budget last season while Basel got 40m of the Champions league alone and all the monies included from the previous 6 seasons. BSCYB have never qualified for the Champions league before. Basel have more money than the whole league combined and have for a long time

Who are the newly crowned champions? Young Boys definitely believed

Hopp YB, they give us all hope

Cant we just have a proper go and not believe the league is won in August for a change
    Yep, partial, cherrypick of my argument, but ...

.... totally supporting my urge to 'believe' ... as in, not in everything, every time, but one time, maybe more than one time, in time, mayne even sooner than you 'believe'

Yep, partial, cherrypick of my argument, but ...

.... totally supporting my urge to 'believe' ... as in, not in everything, every time, but one time, maybe more than one time, in time, mayne even sooner than you 'believe'
    To many folk don't believe we are better than we are. Our manager being the biggest culprit, chairman doesn't count as hes a d@ck and doesn't care about whats on the pitch, the fans who are happy just to plod along and come second year in year out. I'm not asking to win the league. I'm asking for more balls, more fight and to take it from there. We do not have a hard winners mentality.We can win cups but we don't as we don't(and yes to use your word) believe nearly f@cking enough

To many folk don't believe we are better than we are. Our manager being the biggest culprit, chairman doesn't count as hes a d@ck and doesn't care about whats on the pitch, the fans who are happy just to plod along and come second year in year out. I'm not asking to win the league. I'm asking for more balls, more fight and to take it from there. We do not have a hard winners mentality.We can win cups but we don't as we don't(and yes to use your word) believe nearly f@cking enough
    I really believe that coming second in the league is a good result for us. However that doesn't mean I'm happy to plod along. I desperately want us to win the league. However we have to be realistic. We have only won the league 4 times in our history. Nobody apart from the cheeks have won the league in the last 33 years. The checks have won the league all but 4 times in the last 50+ years.

As for the cups, we can win the cups. And I really don't think that belief or lack of it, is an issue here. Also I really don't think whether or not the fans believe we can win a cup has much bearing as to whether or not we actually do.

Of course the chairman counts,if he isn’t bothered about whether we have a winning mentality or don’t that filters down to the rest of us.

I remember in the early 90s the fans had the expectations you are talking about but after years of dross under Milne that has lowered a lot of people’s expectations.

Newsflash! It is entirely possible to celebrate moderate success whilst accepting limitations, shortcomings, near misses, off days, if-onlys, etc, whilst also demanding/expecting/wishing for improvement, not only in entertaining play, but in 'cups-in-the-cab'.

The great anomaly on here is that, the so-called Happy Clappers rarely if ever state doubts that we can/should improve, yet the 'pants-ρishers demand improvement whilst wringin oot their pants-ρish ower any spark o' hope that this might actually occur.

Ah seem tae remember, nae so lang ago, that even the moderately positive amongst us would reduce their whole argument to one word .... "Believe"

Newsflash! It is entirely possible to believe without being deluded, and entirely possible to be comfortable in our belief that we felt no need to 'bully' unbelievers/otherwise-believers into 'believing' .... it was/is their loss ... but they were always welcome to join ... even if they brought their doubts along like a personal 'sookie-blanket'.

As I read things, the only thing we all accept re. second place is, that it's better than third, or less, .... better than our resources give us a right to, better than the huns.

... Not as good as Celtic, true ... but ... in terms o' budget, and in terms o' the League, ffs ... are we expectin oor Robin Reliant tae overtake a Mercedes, and stay ahead til oor tank rins oot and hope we've done enough?

... well, Ah 'believe' ... we're potentially on the right track. A cup next season is within oor capability ... and we've twa shottys ... 'believe!'
    Excellent post. Best thing I've read on this forum for a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Excellent post. Best thing I've read on this forum for a long, long time.
    It was indeed.
    If only for more of the same.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast