+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Usa

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    You're right there is but again looking at everything from a central viewpoint the black power salute goes by unquestioned
    I have to say I don't know enough about that salute to say why it is or isn't.

My initial thought, though, is that one is a symbol born out of centuries of oppression and the other is a symbol of racism, almost exclusively now. Saying there's nothing wrong with it is baffling to me.

[QUOTE=Zippity;39666110]No, there really, really is

Of course yeah go on then whats wrong with it ? a few yobs fly it so its tarnished forever same with the union jack the american flag etc then if thats the case. Most southerners who fly the flag do so for their ancestors who fought in the civil war to remember them not because they are full of hate.
    Last edited by MidsMagpie; 07-01-2021 at 07:38 PM.

[QUOTE=MidsMagpie;39666125]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No, there really, really is

of course yeah go on then whats wrong with it ? a few yobs fly it so its tarnished forever same with the union jack the american flag etc then if thats the case
    It's almost exclusively used by the far right or by people who sympathise with the far right' it goes way, way beyond "a few yobs" flying it.

[QUOTE=Zippity;39666128][QUOTE=MidsMagpie;39666125]

It's almost exclusively used by the far right or by people who sympathise with the far right' it goes way, way beyond "a few yobs" flying it.[/QUOTE

Typical left comment everyone who flies it is racist.

Anyway isnt this a football page lets get back to the football

[QUOTE=MidsMagpie;39666138][QUOTE=Zippity;39666128]
    Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post

Typical left comment
    Sigh

[QUOTE=MidsMagpie;39666138][QUOTE=Zippity;39666128]
    Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post

everyone who flies it is racist.
    And if not, they'd fly it because.....

Because as i already said they had family fought and die in the civil war and they wish to remember them and they want show pride in their states. The national front hijacked the union jack in the 80s is that a racist flag as well ? a minority use flags for horrible reasons you cant label everyone who flies them a racist

I was told by an American guy, never to use the phrase "Floor it" ( meaning to accelerate the car ) when talking to black guys as it refers to what used to be a common form of cruelty by some southern state yobs tying a rope to a black guy then pulling them down the road till they were dead. 'kin knuckledragger's !

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I have to say I don't know enough about that salute to say why it is or isn't.

My initial thought, though, is that one is a symbol born out of centuries of oppression and the other is a symbol of racism, almost exclusively now. Saying there's nothing wrong with it is baffling to me.
    Everyone would lose their minds if somebody started a white power salute

And rightly so

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    I was told by an American guy, never to use the phrase "Floor it" ( meaning to accelerate the car ) when talking to black guys as it refers to what used to be a common form of cruelty by some southern state yobs tying a rope to a black guy then pulling them down the road till they were dead. 'kin knuckledragger's !
    Some horrific things done by some humans to other humans

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)