+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Booed of the pitch

re: Booed of the pitch

morning Steve, have a good day, and same here regards their keeper, hope he recovers to full fitness.

I've been always been pro fat sam for the sheer willingness to scrape a win when needed.
    However I understand that when we are given the initiave i.e having 11 men, we're useless.. especially when we have players out on loan like ravel who could really make a difference in games like these

Playing against 10 men, if the ball is passed around, IS easier because the opposition has to use more energy making up for the missing player.

Playing against 10 men if the ball is aimlessly hoofed upfield is no different to playing against 11 because you are bypassing half, or more, of the pitch anyway.

And when you play with 10 the emphasis has to be on keeping the ball which, on the evidence of the few minutes highlights I saw, Hull did reasonably well.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone did put in a decent shift. It looked as if Downing might have been our best player again but, as I said, I only saw about 10 mins highlights after the Liverpool v Sunderland game.

So that explains why many teams playing against ten men dont find it any easier to break them down.

If you are winning, then playing against ten men could be a little easier cause they are chasing for a goal, all depends on the others patience and tactics. But level or losing then imo the advantage isnt that much.

Many a game i have played in where we were one player short, we slowed the game down and tried to make the ball do most of the work. We defended in numbers and looked for the opportunity to arise for a break. its as hard to get through 9 men as it is through ten.

Time is crucial also, especially if you are behind, if you are down to ten early and trailing, then you can afford a little patience, in the last 20 mins though youAd have to go full out to try to grab something from the game. The best outcome to aim for then is a draw.

I am, a "result over performance" supporter. However, last night was possibly the tipping point.

The 3 players, should all be sold, utter c.unts.

The manager is a f.ucking dreamer. The 2 Daves (I have always supported them) are in it for the money, end of - and that's plain to see.

The problem is - should the fat squeeky c.unt get sacked, we have a team set up and full off, players that fit his style, with no money to replace, it's a problem.

Empty ground, is the only way to get the point across

"The problem is - should the fat squeeky c.unt get sacked, we have a team set up and full off, players that fit his style, with no money to replace, it's a problem"

I have a problem with this Jim...

The back 6 will be ok for any Mid table team..Carroll,Downing and Jarvis will play better in a more balanced team. All we need is Noble plus two similar in central midfield to replace Taylor,Diame and Nolan.

Should have twenty million to spend on this area, possibly plus Ravel.Any manager would be able to work with that squad. The playmaker at Sp*rs Erickson cost eleven million..even the bloke he replaced,Huddleston would fit the bill.

Two good central midfielders will make us a competitive team.

Thought you might

Jarvis, for me, will never be a prem player.

Downing, looks good on the ball, bet at a loss, when he has to do something with it.

Carroll - Undecided. Unplayable in the air, but that will only lead to one way of playing.

[quote="mikeveep"

I have a problem with this Jim...

The back 6 will be ok for any Mid table team..Carroll,Downing and Jarvis will play better in a more balanced team. All we need is Noble plus two similar in central midfield to replace Taylor,Diame and Nolan.

Should have twenty million to spend on this area, possibly plus Ravel.Any manager would be able to work with that squad. The playmaker at Sp*rs Erickson cost eleven million..even the bloke he replaced,Huddleston would fit the bill.

Two good central midfielders will make us a competitive team.[/quote]

Diame should be playing in the centre of midfield..Actually Morrison should be playing there beside Noble.We have half decent players,its the bloody system that is awful.

Would probably mean dropping Nolan, never going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by jameskel
    Would probably mean dropping Nolan, never going to happen
    We were talking about under a new manager were we not !

With the wingers not having to play like full backs they would receive the ball further up field and have a bit of a chance.But your summing up is fair enough.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)