+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Allegiance

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No idea mon ami, not interested in the guest list, it's the ceremony, the pageantry that I like, I couldn't give a FF who's attending, or why.
    Good try with the fishing expedition mon ami, but I ain't biting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You've been on the hook with my first cast BT...👍

No idea why you would assume this is a day out for the Angling Club. I'll watch for the Military Bands, the pageantry, the historic occasion itself, the pomp and circumstance. The establishment cronies, the corrupt politicians, the more obscure family members, the hangers on in attendence hold no interest for me at all. I know not who they are, nor do I care.

I have far less interest in this event than you imagine mon ami, I just love to see Lefty noses put out of joint, and a Coronation fulfills that brief admirably.

God Save The King.

18 holes in the morning with three mates then another 18 holes in the afternoon with the same three like-minded lads followed by a pre-booked dinner will see off this Coronation day rather nicely I think.

18 holes in the morning with three mates then another 18 holes in the afternoon with the same three like-minded lads followed by a pre-booked dinner will see off this Coronation day rather nicely I think.
    Good choice mon ami, you'll be able to hack your way around at your own pace, the golf course won't be thronged. Just make sure you're back in the clubhous for 4.30, you wouldn't want to miss the 2000gns.

Naughty alf, people have been hung, drawn and quartered for less.

The whole charade is sickening.

Not just me then...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/fam...c2065c65&ei=21

"King Charles's Coronation has been dealt a huge blow with millions pledging to skip the Coronation. According to a YouGov survey, 21.8 million may be planning to avoid the festivities on the big day. The survey found 41 per cent of the thousands of adults in Britain quizzed about their Coronation plans said they will not be celebrating the Coronation." Hooray!

He's about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit.

Not just me then...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/fam...c2065c65&ei=21

"King Charles's Coronation has been dealt a huge blow with millions pledging to skip the Coronation. According to a YouGov survey, 21.8 million may be planning to avoid the festivities on the big day. The survey found 41 per cent of the thousands of adults in Britain quizzed about their Coronation plans said they will not be celebrating the Coronation." Hooray!

He's about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit.
    If 41% of the population won't be celebrating that means 59% will be celebrating, given that the population is around 68 million that means around 40 million people will be celebrating the Coronation of King Charles. I would think that's enough to bring the country to a standstill and empty the golf courses sufficiently for the malcontents to enjoy a round in peace.

God Save The King.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)