+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackmail

Let's wait and see what Sunday brings when Boris announces the new lockdown measures,before getting carried away and making all sorts of assumptions.. Things will be a lot clearer then..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Let's wait and see what Sunday brings when Boris announces the new lockdown measures,before getting carried away and making all sorts of assumptions.. Things will be a lot clearer then..
    Jesus, its come to this. Waiting for that gormless scruffy blonde muppet to tell us if we're allowed out for ten more minutes a day. 😧

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Just saw an article on the good old rumour mill, which suggested that Premier teams are being given an ultimatum. Play your remaining games at neutral venues or current league positions stand. Teams are relegated accordingly.

Think WTF suggested this as away forward too.

I'm sure this "solution" has been floated too (although I've not seen it on here as yet), but why do any of the remaining games have to be played at neutral venues?

Makes no great sense to me, especially if the matches themselves are played behind closed doors and local social distancing is still enforced (i.e. fans aren't allowed to travel to or show up outside of the ground).

If home field conditions (aside from spectators) are so important to these teams, then surely playing them at their "official" locations is absolutely fair?

Or am I, like the spectators, missing summat?
    Last edited by Orgoner; 08-05-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Jesus, its come to this. Waiting for that gormless scruffy blonde muppet to tell us if we're allowed out for ten more minutes a day. 😧
    Blood bag, just pay your taxes, use you defective chinese PPE and submit to your rulers and you'll be safe.

Find the three balls to add up to 30

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  15.6 KB

In brazil Flamengo has 38 players and staff currently with a positive cov. That will help restarts!

Restart ?
    Resume when safe to do so I'd say or the current placings should stand with the PL compensating the PL,Championship and all EFL league clubs who'd lose out down the ladders ....................

Whatever the outcome many match day fans I attend Leeds games with will feel 'slightly deflated' if matches are played in empty neutral stadia.
    The Euro contingent I come over with have spent thousands of Euro's/Pounds up front to see Leeds United this season and it'll be an anticlimax to an exciting season if we're not in attendance.

The EFL Championship is probably the most expensive league in the world to watch football ............
    https://www.efl.com/contentassets/5f...019-report.pdf

I saw one article that if the season is made void then one proposed suggestion for next season's EFL Championship was to split it between a northern section & southern section with automatic for top two sections and a playoff for the third place..........
    All this just to accommodate (after lockdowns) a busy planned International schedule that already does little for the continuity of domestic leagues football with the frequent International breaks already ruling/ruining the game.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I'm sure this "solution" has been floated too (although I've not seen it on here as yet), but why do any of the remaining games have to be played at neutral venues?
    I think the number of neutral venues being floated about was 12. I am guessing it is easier to control the risk at 12 venues in comparison to 80 stadiums around the UK.

Again I would guess that things like corridors, entrances, changing rooms etc etc would all have to be sanitized as well before/after each game.

I would anticipate that each venue will have to be thoroughly inspected before each match takes place too.

Even though I started this thread I'm sick to death of all this indifference now, either null and void the damn season or finish it now as the places are, they obviously have no intention of restarting this much later in the year as that's to sensible, the championship hasn't got a cat in hells chance of restarting and the premierships chances diminish every day as more lives continue to be lost, next season will be a disaster financially for many, if indeed that even gets under way, I've had years of but wrenching disappointment with Leeds, one more won't matter, in fact I've almost accepted the inevitable. Just do it and let's get it over with.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)