+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Next permanent England Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_the_Miller View Post
    Shouldn't be allowed to be a foreign manager. It's like saying we haven't got a good enough Left Back so we'll get Alex Grimaldo to play for us.

Eddie Howe for me.
    Sort of agree on the no foreign manager but the system is already screwed up on nationality

Players for example Marc Guehi born on the Ivory Coast plays for England and Erling Haaland born in Leeds doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Sort of agree on the no foreign manager but the system is already screwed up on nationality

Players for example Marc Guehi born on the Ivory Coast plays for England and Erling Haaland born in Leeds doesn't
    Both Guéhi and his parents are originally from the Ivory Coast and moved to England so it could be argued he should play for Ivory Coast as his family had no previous links to England before moving here. Personally I don't see the problem with somebody who has lived here since the age of one representing England.

The Haaland situation is different in my opinion as Haaland was born in England to Norwegian parents and lived in Norway from the age of three. Do you genuinely think he should play for England?

A better comparison with Haaland would be Terry Butcher, born in Singapore to English parents. Do you think he shouldn't have been allowed to play for England?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Both Guéhi and his parents are originally from the Ivory Coast and moved to England so it could be argued he should play for Ivory Coast as his family had no previous links to England before moving here. Personally I don't see the problem with somebody who has lived here since the age of one representing England.

The Haaland situation is different in my opinion as Haaland was born in England to Norwegian parents and lived in Norway from the age of three. Do you genuinely think he should play for England?

A better comparison with Haaland would be Terry Butcher, born in Singapore to English parents. Do you think he shouldn't have been allowed to play for England?
    Not saying yay or nay, just pointing out that the system is already screwed up.

Not saying yay or nay, just pointing out that the system is already screwed up.
    Is it though? If you don't have an opinion on it either way then why do you think it's screwed up?

Is it though? If you don't have an opinion on it either way then why do you think it's screwed up?
    The nationality "boundaries" for players are screwed up so there is no valid reason that the England manager can't be foreign

The nationality "boundaries" for players are screwed up so there is no valid reason that the England manager can't be foreign
    That's just the same answer as last time but worded differently. Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well the betting odds are starting to accumulate and it looks like the next Manager will be another YES man in Potter IF the FA choose to appoint.

I've read today on more than one page Lampard, Lampard, Lampard, another YES man. For me we need a Manager who will stand for nothing and although I know he walked away from a very high pressure job for his health's sake, I'd go for Jurgen Klopp. Pep is a pipe dream or, will he find it too hard at City if Haaland moves on?

Who's your personal choice you'd like to see take over, stop being soft, and kick some players into shape while having the gonads to drop some all time favourites?

Graham Potter
    6/4
    Eddie Howe
    3/1
    Mauricio Pochettino
    9/1
    Lee Carsley
    10/1
    Pep Guardiola
    10/1
    Jurgen Klopp
    12/1
    Steven Gerrard
    16/1
    Frank Lampard
    20/1
    Steve Cooper
    20/1
    Thomas Tuchel
    20/1
    Steve Evans..if nothing else it would be exciting..he'd probably play 4 4 2 and we'd get hammered every game but at least we wouldn't be negative..I'm fed up of this boring negative stuff..if we had 11 ray Wilkins Southgate would pick the lot..we have a team that could beat the world with a proper manager...

At the risk of triggering an entire section of the population who wet themselves at things like 'the knee' or universal toilets, I really don't see why footballers should be told what nation to play for. If they're legally able to obtain a passport from a country, the choice beyond there should be open to them. The only slight concern I'd have is the silly workaround where wealthy nations in the middle east offer citizenship to athletes with almost zero criteria. Aside from that, if your mother is Dutch and you've never been east of Lincoln, leave it up to the relevant authorities to decide if you qualify for a Dutch passport based on preexisting rules... if you do, get yourself an orange outfit, if you don't, unlucky.

An article int Tizer says a couple of players who had relegation clauses in their contracts have until the end of the month to make a decision if they stay or go. I'm assuming Tiehi is one. Who is the 2nd? Humphries/Hugill?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    An article int Tizer says a couple of players who had relegation clauses in their contracts have until the end of the month to make a decision if they stay or go. I'm assuming Tiehi is one. Who is the 2nd? Humphries/Hugill?
    Are you saying one of these will be leaving to manage England?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast