+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ryan Giles joins Millers

He's a wing back player that's fitted into the formation we currently play so it's normal for that type of player to be better going forward than defending so I'm not worried about that. Good signing that we been missing really.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Tavernier was that good going forward his defensive limitations were overlooked. If Giles is anywhere as good as him going forward he'll do. Hoping Robertson gets up to speed soon he'll cover the left side in a back 3.
    Yes good points made GRU
    Robbo,s covered there before

I know it’s stating the obvious but isn’t the main point of a wing back to be better offensively than defensively? That’s the whole point to get crosses in and provide width with 3 centre backs his priority is to get forward and defend when necessary

Ha-ha, John Breckin and Les Payne will enjoy this, they love natural left footers.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Ha-ha, John Breckin and Les Payne will enjoy this, they love natural left footers.
    Get it down the tramlines.

I think Hirst will benefit from crosses so hopefully he’s a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    I know it’s stating the obvious but isn’t the main point of a wing back to be better offensively than defensively? That’s the whole point to get crosses in and provide width with 3 centre backs his priority is to get forward and defend when necessary
    Fair point Uttis.

That assumes we will play that formation in every match and for large parts of the 95 mins in any one game. We might do and I'm sure it will work well for us but if we need to revert to a flat back four we might struggle. Maybe in those instances if Ryan struggles a bit then we play Robbo

An example of this problem could be tomorrow where Kevin Blackwell will have a plan to counteract our set up. It then depends whether it works for us or whether he can stop us

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234