+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023-24 Season - Manager Dismissals, Resignations, Etc - Premier League, EFL Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Having given further thought to Adventus' thread, I've decided to re open it as this involves a near rival club and all their ''Massiveness'.

Feel free to post away your thoughts or feelings on why Darren Moore has walked away from the sty.

I'll add mine from a previous post.

Have Weds got serious money issues that's why Moore didn't get the players he asked for in January?
    Have they broke the FFP rules by overspending last season so looking at a possible pints deduction? Or did they have an embargo slapped on them? I've had a sleep since last season finished so can't remember.
    Can't Moore work anymore with Rotherham's 'B' team?
    Has Moore been tapped up by Barnsley because Duff is off to Swansea like I mentioned last week?

What's your take on it all?
    Sorry Brin - merging this in to be consistent as I'd already done the same with other posts.

I believe to only players/managers that deserve their own posts are those directly related to RUFC. The rest belong on the amalgamated posts we have for that very reason, to stop a proliferation of posts every time a manager/player joins/leaves a club.

Fowls

I really dont care too much about the swillsboro crowd, especially those from our fair Town... BUT.

Sacking a manager who should have been sacked a year or two ago..... AFTER he's just got the job done is absolutely insane.

Already rumours that the reason was Chansiri wanting to cut cloth to save costs and DM stating that the club can't compete without investment.

Whenever anyone attacks TS.... Remember we are a well run, well oiled machine compared to the freakshow of ALL other SY clubs.

After Owls got tonked 3.0 in semi final by Peterborough, Moore & his family got quite a lot of abuse, Moore probably thought get out now, not wanting same abuse next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    After Owls got tonked 3.0 in semi final by Peterborough, Moore & his family got quite a lot of abuse, Moore probably thought get out now, not wanting same abuse next season.
    That seems plausible

Also Chavsiri may have been alarmed at the catastrophic slump in form at the business end of the season and at Pboro away.
    Hence a mutual parting of the ways

From what I can gather from porcine work colleagues, W*******y were a real mixed bag all last season; good, bad and indifferent...but often squeezed a result out of nothing. The final against Barnsley summed them up perfectly - a crap game, almost blew it against 10 men, but a classy close out at the death to nick it. They've ridden their luck, Moore knows this and will know what it takes to kick on and compete at the higher level. We can only assume that Moore's plans are well out of line with Chansiri's.

He earned much respect from me with the way he handled things in the run in. I think he will be a much better manager for the whole experience. He's way better than that that lot deserve. Good luck to him.

It’s almost certainly the budget that’s made him resign final straw seems to be the chairman accepting Southampton’s bid for Windass

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Don’t go easy on them….it was 4-0

Dean Smith currently bookies favourite for Wednesday. Followed by Carlos Carvalhal! You couldn't make it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Dean Smith currently bookies favourite for Wednesday. Followed by Carlos Carvalhal! You couldn't make it up!
    My recommendation would be the legend Gary Megson

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    I'd love it to be Dean Smith - got lucky inheriting an exceptional Villa squad (and a very decent Brentford one) but strikes me as clueless - would be one more team we could reasonably aspire to finish above if Dean Smith goes back to Hillsborough

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast