+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where is this VI

re: Where is this VI

Quote Originally Posted by pompeygun
    Looks like a lot of trees were used in that monstrosity.
    Sorry PG, must have overlooked your reply earlier - hope you don't feel short changed..

You're quite right, I expect a significant amount of timber was used to clad that complex - hardly surprising, considering the size of the place. Have to say it's great to see the club making good use of one of the greenest and most sustainable building materials available on the planet.

You do get 'sustainability' over here, I take it ? Or is the mere mention of the word met with the shrugging of shoulders and a sea of vacant stares ?

Apology accepted-again.
    Not @ all papa, but very 70's all the same.
    I'm still trying to work out where the picture of a shed is.
    Stables in your back garden??

That ramshackle monstrosity, in my back garden ?

Behave..

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    That ramshackle monstrosity, in my back garden ?

Behave.. [/quote]

Does resemble a stable though & with your form...

Apology accepted-again.
    Not @ all papa, but very 70's all the same.
    I'm still trying to work out where the picture of a shed is.
    I'd disagree, that sort of cladding is very 'on trend'.

Are you still living in the '70s?

Of course you'd disagree.
    I'm sure it is where you live but back in the 21st century..

Google image 'wood clad houses 2014' and you'll see what I mean.

Have you never watched Grand Designs? They're all at it on there.

Does it clash with the Test Card? If so I'd probably be watching that instead.
    No Pents wood cladding is very 70's, horrible look IMO along with shutters on windows-awful.

Saints fans banging on about our lack of investment in the Prem years. As they also often point out they have had many more Prem years than us.
    Question - did they spend all that Prem money on infrastructure or did they nearly go into admin, sink to Lg1, and get bailed out by a German business man, who paid for their new ground that they couldn't afford and got them debt free. And all without a single penny donated by the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdder
    Saints fans banging on about our lack of investment in the Prem years. As they also often point out they have had many more Prem years than us.
    Question - did they spend all that Prem money on infrastructure or did they nearly go into admin, sink to Lg1, and get bailed out by a German business man, who paid for their new ground that they couldn't afford and got them debt free. And all without a single penny donated by the fans?
    You missed out the bit about stiffing the unsecured creditors to the tune of 5.5m as well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)