+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new manager

re: Looking for a new manager

I've always felt the difference between Paul Sheerin's teams and the rest of the managers I've watched us under is that he has always believed in entertainment value. Football is an entertainment business, and the gaffer has always tried to give the fans their moneys worth, sometimes it's worked, sometimes it hasn't, but he's always tried to give us 90 minutes of football. The main thing that concerns me at this point is someone coming in and treating it as purely a results based business, where the full time score is the be all and end all of the 90 minutes. I've got far too used to watching the team try to, and as I've said sometimes fail to, play football and to go back to watching turgid pish being served up season upon season (Hiya Stevie Kirk, Harry Cairney etc!) where entertainment value for the paying punter comes second best to results isn't really something I would look forward too. Obviously I hope we appoint a similiar forward thinking, attacking manager who believes in giv

This was a huge shock to me and all Lichties out there. Things have been moving along well and Paul had managed to re-sign the best of our players from last season and a core of exciting, ambitious, talented local players for the upcoming season, and I am sure Paul was looking to help us bounce back up and continue his playing career for another season, but when an offer like this comes up it is impossible to turn down and I truly think he deserves this fantastic opportunity. He is moving to work with his friends at a club who are on the rise under Mcinnes and the lure of full time football every day is one he couldn't turn down for his career or family. Knowing how passionate Paul is about playing football you can understand how important he felt this chance was to basically retire from his playing career.

I have come to expect how fickle our fans are and there are only really a few who post on these sites that seem to have any common sense but to say Paul was never a favourite

In any walk of life if you have a job you love and are part time then you are offered one with people you know and with a team and manager that is on the up and go full time surely it is a no brainer. Good Luck to Paul thanks for the time lets move on get a decent goalie, centre half and dr goals and we sorted. Totally left field for me how about BRIAN KERR as manager ??????

CMON THE LICHTIES

I'll always be grateful to PS for the Championship season and the style his teams played. When it was good it was very good. I don't think there is any way he could have turned down this job offer. I wish him well.

As for the future SP feels like a good option, just hope he's well enough connected to get good players in.

A Petrie/Kerr combo, anyone

Alloa and Arbroath have both proved that managing a part time club can be a great spring board for an ambitious new manager to cut his teeth .

The job of managing Arbroath is a very attractive position for a new promising potential manager who wants to make a for himself.

I think a few well knowns will put their in the hat for this position as it's a great opportunity for the right person .

I also agree with the comments that we need a new manager who will continue to play good attractive passing football .

Paul Sheerin will also perhaps suggest a fews to the club as potential managers.

This is also a great opportunity for the club to develop a close relationship with Aberdeen .

Finally, will Arbroath get a small fee from Aberdeen as Sheerin had a year left on his contract ?

They could loan us a good keeper and a defender...

Led to believe that Arbroath get 3 months wages as compensation from Aberdeen, I would guess round about 6K.

Paul Sheerin has posted on his twitter he is humbled by the support and good luck messages from the Arbroath fans,
    So it's now gamble time, do we go for tried and tested, or unknown?
    Quite a fews already getting mentioned, or is Petrie the man?? Mmmmmm

Petrie has a year contract which would need paid off so I think he'll have a part to play regardless.

I'd bump him up and hope he'd get an assistant in that can give us a well drilled defence that can deal with set-pieces.

looks like it the way tonights game is going
    Quote Originally Posted by LolTM
    I think del Bosque may be available soon

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)