+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Club servants.

I am not sure what he's doing now but for a while Trevor Hebberd worked in a warehouse in Leicester. Different world yet it's not that long ago from Arthur's time!!

Willie Carlin ran a newsagents shop as I recall and I think Henry Newton did something similar

Henry Newton - how much in today's market??

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Henry Newton - how much in today's market??
    Barry Butlin appeared happily retired when I bumped into him a few years ago, maybe he just appeared retired because he looked happy! Still local and he bought a copy of my book despite not being namechecked in it

Kenny burns is currently auditioning for the forthcoming Weebles movie

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I am not sure what he's doing now but for a while Trevor Hebberd worked in a warehouse in Leicester. Different world yet it's not that long ago from Arthur's time!!
    Trevor Hebberd scored one of my favourite goals...at home to Newcastle...either autumn '88 or '89 I think. Good player.
    Wonder if Phil Gee went back to painting and decorating?
    Ted McMinn is a school caretaker and Steve Powell still (I think) works at Derby College despite knackered knees and being sixty(ish) now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Willie Carlin ran a newsagents shop as I recall and I think Henry Newton did something similar
    Henry ran the post office at the Cavendish island, that was some years back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Barry Butlin appeared happily retired when I bumped into him a few years ago, maybe he just appeared retired because he looked happy! Still local and he bought a copy of my book despite not being namechecked in it
    I am not surprised that he isnt in it - did he play more than a handful of games for us? If I remember well he was one of that small but happy band of players that played for both Nottingham teams and Derby though: there a trivia question for you - can you name more?

Trevor Christie ..........And he played for Leicester making all four!!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I am not surprised that he isnt in it - did he play more than a handful of games for us? If I remember well he was one of that small but happy band of players that played for both Nottingham teams and Derby though: there a trivia question for you - can you name more?
    Hinton Wignall Storey-Moore (almost) Newton Todd Gemmill O'Hare McGovern Robertson (boo) Burns Earnshaw (Jesus wept) Ward Hennessey Camp Shilton etc etc thank God Ray Mac and Kev never sullied themselves

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Jim Walker and Frank Wignall both got a chapter, so Barry maybe should have got a mention..... Butlin played four games I think and spent years loaned out to Luton and Notts County. for all that, more of a player than you or I will ever be

Edit: And Jim Walker, if wikipedia can be trusted, is a physio at The Belfry, surely close enough to where I work for me to feel the enduring rage at how I treated him in print.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 24-01-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)