+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Burton v Wolves Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Recently signed from Blackburn - can play at FB or on the right? wing
    Cheers Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Dumb question. Who is Ben Marshall?
    Beats me, mate, it must be his debut...if so, I wish him well.

4 added minutes, but I don't hold out much hope.

89' and Dicko slams the balll down after being ruled offside, and he gets booked for dissent.

Jesus H Christ on a bloody bicycle!! We've bloody lost it. What a feck up!

Last minute of the game and Burton score to take the points...heartbreaking for us, but if we are to be honest they probably deserved the win. They clearly made the greater effort in the second half and I somehow expected things to go bad for us...but it still hurts

Typical. Bloody typical.

Heads need to come down from the clouds. Cup run or not, we still aren't safe in this league.

Just back home having watched the game in the Burton end. We were beaten by a very poor Burton side and were lucky it was only 2-1. We were dreadful, allowing ourselves to get dragged into a game of hoof ball. Burton had a central defender who stood about six feet ten and had the turning circle of a super- tanker. So what did we do? Hoof the ball to Dicho who cut a lonely frustrated figure. He couldn't buy a goal at the moment. We didn't try to pass the ball to feet and were lucky, no very lucky, to go in at half time one goal to the good. I stood about four yards away from the penalty and it was never a penalty in a month of Sundays.

I expected better in the second half, but by then Kites was running the show and it was no surprise that the home side got back into the game. Ikeme had already made two world class saves before his tap in. It was a relief to see him subbed. Our subs made very little difference and it was no surprise to see Burton get a deserved winner.

I fear the worst in the cup if Chelski turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Just back home having watched the game in the Burton end. We were beaten by a very poor Burton side and were lucky it was only 2-1. We were dreadful, allowing ourselves to get dragged into a game of hoof ball. Burton had a central defender who stood about six feet ten and had the turning circle of a super- tanker. So what did we do? Hoof the ball to Dicho who cut a lonely frustrated figure. He couldn't buy a goal at the moment. We didn't try to pass the ball to feet and were lucky, no very lucky, to go in at half time one goal to the good. I stood about four yards away from the penalty and it was never a penalty in a month of Sundays.

I expected better in the second half, but by then Kites was running the show and it was no surprise that the home side got back into the game. Ikeme had already made two world class saves before his tap in. It was a relief to see him subbed. Our subs made very little difference and it was no surprise to see Burton get a deserved winner.

I fear the worst in the cup if Chelski turn up.
    Cheers for the report Abbo. I followed the game on the Wolves Wall Blog and it looked bad even in print. Against Burton Albion, not good.

Cracking day out with Cannock Wolves and great to bump in to me mucca Evewolf in a Burton sucker!

Remember to text me the info Dave!

Played in to Burtons hands really, hoofing it to the midgets up top. JDB struggled against their giant centre backs too!

Ultimately Burton knew how to play on their tiny pitch and we lacked class!

Disappointing! although the hoofmeister himself may have a sneaky chuckle to himself tonight!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)