+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine players out of contract at end of season

This topic was about player's contracts now once again it has become a gauntlet match.

Give it up.....

Look at post #18 and ask yourself why the tone changed?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Look at post #18 and ask yourself why the tone changed?
    I put people on ignore who are either looking to start a gauntlet match or trash comments on a regular basis. People who go off topic i don't want to listen too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Why so? The banning I mean. And why White Ram too? I missed that
    I detect a more sinister approach here, the deleting of posts, as I posted on here to say that I have not been banned, (No reason to be as I have followed forum rules)but have and will continue to refrain from posting on threads which I consider to be a waste of time and thats all I will say on the matter.

My previous post mysteriously vanished from the Thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Rats you are seriously wrong. I've played 'your game'...and 'debated' as reasonably as possible with R4J. He's caused me no offence recently and I've not offended him and yet as soon as Andy offers some light hearted banter he receives a totally unnecessary and aggressive response which, as ever, goes completely unpunished.
    Manx and mista are right, people are being driven away and your response to mista was totally unjustified imo.
    You've intimated to me elsewhere that the forum is getting better and that new posters will be coming on board and old ones returning because they're glad that the 'clique' has gone. I have to say that I think you're deluded on this one.
    I couldn't care less whether R4J comes or goes. He appears incapable of reason to me but I recognise that he's entitled to his opinion and it's my decision to communicate or otherwise with him. I simply don't know who this 'clique' is though. I'll happily admit that I prefer debating with the likes of mista, Manx, Roger, Andy, Swale, Triz, MoP, mac, OTR, KCG etc but that's not because we're a 'clique' it's because they're all capable of joined up thought and have something to say regardless of whether or not I actually agree with it.
    That's what I - and I imagine most others - joined the forum for. Let's face it...since your 'purge', 'Whiteram' has joined - and a welcome addition he was to before you apparently banned him - Triz has posted for a day or so and Angry returned for a couple of posts.
    If this is your idea of progress then I have to disagree. This forum needs the names above but you are currently being totally 'one eyed' and stubbornly dictatorial. Andy is right...before long there'll be you and R4J. Sort it out or give the 'job' to some one who can!
    P.S. Ignore #28...my mistake.
    Not been banned AR, I have been careful to follow rules, but I have had a post deleted from this thread, where i stated that I was refraining from posting on threads that were clearly pointless (or words to that effect).

I am happy to have a debate with anyone as long as it makes some sense, if it doesn't then I wont join in.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteram View Post
    I detect a more sinister approach here, the deleting of posts, as I posted on here to say that I have not been banned, (No reason to be as I have followed forum rules)but have and will continue to refrain from posting on threads which I consider to be a waste of time and thats all I will say on the matter.

My previous post mysteriously vanished from the Thread!!!
    I wish everyone else could refrain from posting on waste of time threads/responding to wast of time posts, but it appears to be as difficult as not rubbernecking at a car crash. Glad you've hung around!

you clearly don't do that, you've claimed to put me on ignore a number of times then responded to a post I submitted straight after. are you sure you aren't putting yourself on ignore?

Good philosophy...glad you haven't been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Craig Forsyth, George Thorne, Johnny Russell, Mason Bennett, Darren Bent, Chris Baird, Alex Pearce, Jamie Hanson and Kelle Roos. All contracts set to end at the end of the season.....

The player's which contracts shouldn't be renewed are: Johnny Russell, Alex Pearce, Kelle Roos, Darren Bent and Craig Forsyth.

The player's which contracts should be renewed are: Mason Bennett, Jamie Hanson, George Thorne and Chris Baird.
    Forsyth will need time to get back to his best following his ACL problems. Just as Hughes never got going last season following his and Bryson hasn't been the same player following his. If Fozzy isn't back to his best by February he never will be and then, and not before, would I agree with you on him.

Baird won't get another contract next summer. Purely on age. Bennett needs to step up this season and nail down a regular place, one I felt he deserved over JR based on pre season performances. If he fails to step up this season, it will be time to part company. There comes a time when a prospect has to deliver or go. Mason's time is this season. The same is true of Hanson.

GT? He has to a) get fit b) stay fit and c) perform well this season or his best bet is to take the insurance money and run. My hope is that he comes back fit, strong, stays that way and gets back to his best. If not, he too will have to go. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Forsyth will need time to get back to his best following his ACL problems. Just as Hughes never got going last season following his and Bryson hasn't been the same player following his. If Fozzy isn't back to his best by February he never will be and then, and not before, would I agree with you on him.

Baird won't get another contract next summer. Purely on age. Bennett needs to step up this season and nail down a regular place, one I felt he deserved over JR based on pre season performances. If he fails to step up this season, it will be time to part company. There comes a time when a prospect has to deliver or go. Mason's time is this season. The same is true of Hanson.

GT? He has to a) get fit b) stay fit and c) perform well this season or his best bet is to take the insurance money and run. My hope is that he comes back fit, strong, stays that way and gets back to his best. If not, he too will have to go. IMHO.
    Nice to see a second new poster who speaks complete common sense. Totally agree and welcome.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)