+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Donald Trump's Big Red 'Button'

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wow, I think we've just found Son Of Soccerman!!! Soccerman's 'defence' of an incompetent Tory government is always "at least they're not terrorist loving dole scroungers like Corbyn's lot".

Now we have someone saying "Trump may be a complete lunatic, but Kim Jong-Un is an even bigger lunatic". Priceless!
    Make your mind up EP, you claimed I was the son of Soccerman the other week, he obviously got around a bit

Ahah. People who after all this time still haven't figured Trump out remind me of those Japanese soldiers hiding in the jungle refusing to surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ahah. People who after all this time still haven't figured Trump out remind me of those Japanese soldiers hiding in the jungle refusing to surrender.
    I don’t know Driller, a lot of those soldiers may not have known the war was over, what excuse do these clowns have? It’s more of a case of “sorry” not being the hardest word, but “I was wrong”. Even as the nukes fly overhead...

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Ahem! ........ a fine choice of diction once more from our resident left wing academics (includes EP and other scholars of the Left)

Here's my predictions Sidney - and if you want to bet against them happening we can waive our £20 bet that Donald will not serve a full four years and transfer the bet to the following ...... with the same £20. It will save waiting another three years.

1. The Donald will still be US President on 4th January 2019
    2. He will make a visit to us this year and meet the Queen.
    3. There will be no NK v USA war ..... Kim won't want blasting away and the Yanks will squeeze and squeeze his supplies until NK is
    bled dry and they'll have to talk.

So there we are ....... three predictions I have to get correct to win the bet. I'm being generous, but we Tory's are!

On other matters: Looks like our farmer's are generally pleased with Mr Gove's suggestions today eh? Messrs Corby and McDonnell not saying much are they at the moment despite the BBC trying to find fault with everything Brexit. A good year in prospect ... enjoy it!
    Not interested, Serious. The bet I have with you is sound enough for me. Why would I want to lessen my win chances? I'm sure he'll meet the Queen but I bet the cameras aren't present. And if he goes head to head with Rocket Man neither of is is likely to worry about honouring a measly bet. Although I'm confident he won't last out 2018, I can't be sure, so why would I alter the bet by taking 2 years off the time in which he can be ousted?
    As you tell me, I know absolutely nothing about business because I was only born yesterday, but I can assure you I'm a shrewd cookie with dosh. Oh and while we're slagging off the lefties re diction, can I point out that it's Tories and not Tory's in the context in which you used it?
    Happy New Year, my fellow Magpie, and may it be a healthy one for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I don’t know Driller, a lot of those soldiers may not have known the war was over, what excuse do these clowns have? It’s more of a case of “sorry” not being the hardest word, but “I was wrong”. Even as the nukes fly overhead...
    I'm not even worried about the nukes. As someone else said he's got enough people around him to talk him out of that. It's everything else.

I note with interest that Bannon has said he thinks there's a 33% chance Trump will be impeached, 33% chance he will be removed for mental impairment, and 33% chance he will make it to the end of his term. I think I want to see him serve a full term, as the last 18 months after he loses his majority in the mid-terms will be excruciating but extremely funny, in a dark kind of way.

His closest adviser until a few months ago thinks he's retarded, his Secretary of State thinks he's a "****ing moron", his trophy wife finds him so repulsive that she had to be cajoled for months into living in the same building as him, although not even all the trappings of power and wealth could convince her to share a bedroom, that would just be too gross, so he spends his evenings in bed alone, eating cheeseburgers and getting a warm glow from watching Fox News, as the journalists there are the only people who say nice things about him any more, in exchange for money of course, but that's good enough for him.

Meanwhile his aides prepare briefings for him on matters that his infant brain is unable to comprehend, placing unnecessary pictures and mentioning his name over and over, hoping to keep his minuscule intellect engaged until the end of the specially shortened paragraphs.

But some on here can't seem to grasp what those closest to him can, and treat him as some kind of role model, a trier, a do-er, an astute businessman, blissfully ignorant of his numerous bankruptcies, and the fact that he'd be richer now if he had simply invested his enormous inheritance in blue-chip stocks and spent his time on the beach. Even Farage seems to have quietly extracted his tongue from Trump's orifice, having decided that it's less embarrassing to get on stage and promote a creationist pea dough (peado is censored) in the Deep South than it is to be seen with Trump now. Talk about rats and sinking ships.

The whole thing sounds like an episode of Black Mirror, or a a modern day interpretation of a Greek morality tale, written to warn of the dangers of having no scruples and no sense of shame. The lead character not only flew too close to the sun and fell in love with his own image, but did it while gorging himself of junk food, cheating at golf, ****ing his associates' (I don't think he has friends) wives, and hawking tacky baseball caps and membership of his private members' club, seemingly oblivious to the fact that he will go down in history as, at the bare minimum, the worst US president ever.

The whole things just proves that true poverty, of the mental and ethical kind, can and often does afflict those with the most material wealth.
    Last edited by drillerpie; 05-01-2018 at 11:51 AM.

I'm not even worried about the nukes. As someone else said he's got enough people around him to talk him out of that. It's everything else.

I note with interest that Bannon has said he thinks there's a 33% chance Trump will be impeached, 33% chance he will be removed for mental impairment, and 33% chance he will make it to the end of his term. I think I want to see him serve a full term, as the last 18 months after he loses his majority in the mid-terms will be excruciating but extremely funny, in a dark kind of way.

His closest adviser until a few months ago thinks he's retarded, his Secretary of State thinks he's a "****ing moron", his trophy wife finds him so repulsive that she had to be cajoled for months into living in the same building as him, although not even all the trappings of power and wealth could convince her to share a bedroom, that would just be too gross, so he spends his evenings in bed alone, eating cheeseburgers and getting a warm glow from watching Fox News, as the journalists there are the only people who say nice things about him any more, in exchange for money of course, but that's good enough for him.

Meanwhile his aides prepare briefings for him on matters that his infant brain is unable to comprehend, placing unnecessary pictures and mentioning his name over and over, hoping to keep his minuscule intellect engaged until the end of the specially shortened paragraphs.

But some on here can't seem to grasp what those closest to him can, and treat him as some kind of role model, a trier, a do-er, an astute businessman, blissfully ignorant of his numerous bankruptcies, and the fact that he'd be richer now if he had simply invested his enormous inheritance in blue-chip stocks and spent his time on the beach. Even Farage seems to have quietly extracted his tongue from Trump's orifice, having decided that it's less embarrassing to get on stage and promote a creationist pea dough (peado is censored) in the Deep South than it is to be seen with Trump now. Talk about rats and sinking ships.

The whole thing sounds like an episode of Black Mirror, or a a modern day interpretation of a Greek morality tale, written to warn of the dangers of having no scruples and no sense of shame. The lead character not only flew too close to the sun and fell in love with his own image, but did it while gorging himself of junk food, cheating at golf, ****ing his associates' (I don't think he has friends) wives, and hawking tacky baseball caps and membership of his private members' club, seemingly oblivious to the fact that he will go down in history as, at the bare minimum, the worst US president ever.

The whole things just proves that true poverty, of the mental and ethical kind, can and often does afflict those with the most material wealth.
    Very well put

Thanks 😊

There's hope for you, Driller, which is more than I can say for the subject of your post or the planks on here who support him.

I was going to buy the kindle book Driller, but I think you’ve saved me the bother....

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Make your mind up EP, you claimed I was the son of Soccerman the other week, he obviously got around a bit
    Simples innit , say everybody is and your bound to be right eventually. My money says its actually Big Fat ****.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast