+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Pardew has gone

Ghost you change your mind that often you dont know what you are saying.
    Yesterday you said you were pro Ashley and later you said you were not completely pro Ashley.As it was pointed out.
    I dont believe that you believe what you say about Pardew.You just say it to be different and to argue.
    Granted it would be boring of we were all the same,but there is absolutely no evidence to back up your claim that Pardew is a good manager.
    Even when a baggies fan came on with his opinion you made out you know more about what is happening at his club than he does.
    Top and bottom of it is that if Pardew was any good he had enough time to keep them up.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Correction. Rafa did not take us down. He was in charge when we went down but the damage had already been done.
    So he took us down. It doesn't mean he was primarily to blame for it but he took us down.

Rafa only had eight games left when he took over of which we only lost one, that was mid table form at least, and the last game was a mighty trouncing of Spurs who almost won the title.
    10 games.

So Rafa didn't take us down. That's the same as saying the hangman who pulls the lever was the man who found the condemned man guilty.
    No, it means the man who tried to hold the lever to keep the trapdoor from opening was too weak to hold it fully shut.
    Along comes Rafa who tries his best to stop it from opening further but just can't hold the lever long enough to stop the trapdoor and man on it from being hanged.

Name the lot of managers who have had as many chances as Pardew who have done a whole lot worse.

I struggle to fine one.
    Tell me how many clubs he's done badly at first. Try and see what he's had to work with in all those clubs.

He's on par with most managers of non elite teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Ghost you change your mind that often you dont know what you are saying.
    I know exactly what I'm saying.

Yesterday you said you were pro Ashley and later you said you were not completely pro Ashley.As it was pointed out.
    The topic was who is still pro Ashley. I answered the topic to say I am.
    I then simmered it down to say that I'm not pro Ashley...meaning I'm not averse to seeing him go as long as he's replaced by better.
    I've called him out for his many faults, etc so that's the reason.
    Try and read between the lines a little bit and you won't need to nibble at this.....but feel free to if you feel the need.

I dont believe that you believe what you say about Pardew.You just say it to be different and to argue.
    I absolutely do.
    If what I say is different to you or others then that also applies to you and others doing that with me...or doesn't that count when mass opinion is against minority?
    See how that works?

Granted it would be boring of we were all the same,but there is absolutely no evidence to back up your claim that Pardew is a good manager.
    There is evidence to back it up just as there's evidence to back you up to argue he isn't....but then we're arguing snippets of info from different clubs and piecing them together to make a case, right?

Let's put it this way and I'll leave you to answer if you want.

When Pardew took over palace, where were they and where did they finish.

Also...when Pardew came to Newcastle, where did we finish in our first season?

Once you've answered that you can counter argue if you feel you want to and we will go down the rabbit hole.

Even when a baggies fan came on with his opinion you made out you know more about what is happening at his club than he does.
    I gave my opinion. Opinions can go 3 ways. Agreed, disagree or cause a storm. It really is the nature of the beast.

Top and bottom of it is that if Pardew was any good he had enough time to keep them up.
    We could argue that about many managers that's failed to do just that....right?

Sometimes you have to have a deep look at the mindset of the personnel you have been placed in front of and have to deal with.
    Not all restorers can restore some smashed up furniture from a previous misuse. It may be too far gone or a few flaws stopped a very good attempt.

You could place both of those thoughts on Pardew and Rafa's take over of teams.....respectively..
    Last edited by ghostrider; 03-04-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I know exactly what I'm saying.

The topic was who is still pro Ashley. I answered the topic to say I am.
    I then simmered it down to say that I'm not pro Ashley.
    So you changed your mind.Just because you word it different it means the same.You changed your mind.Therefore you have no idea what you say half of the time.
    You want everyone to agree with you then try and write a chapter as long as one in War and Peace when they dont.

So you changed your mind.Just because you word it different it means the same.You changed your mind.Therefore you have no idea what you say half of the time.
    You want everyone to agree with you then try and write a chapter as long as one in War and Peace when they dont.
    I don't care who agrees with me. Agree or disagree or have a pop. Do whatever you feel but I'm having my say.

Have your say but dont change your mind.If you do,be man enough to admit it.

Have your say but dont change your mind.If you do,be man enough to admit it.
    Nothing to admit.

Try not to dwell on tid bits.

Nothing to admit.

Try not to dwell on tid bits.
    Try really hard to admit that Pardue is a sh it manager,the rest of the WHOLE football family already know that.

So come on then deep breaths,try to do it?You know you can..
    Oh and I forgot to mention it,I personally know someone who used to play with Pardue at Palace.I would never ever put it on a social media outlet what I know but I know how Pardue operates,lets leave it at that eh!

Tell me how many clubs he's done badly at first. Try and see what he's had to work with in all those clubs.

He's on par with most managers of non elite teams.
    Pardew has had seven managerial posts, at Reading and Soton he was slightly worse than average. At West Ham, Charlton, Newcastle United, Crystal Palace and W.B.A. he was abysmal.

And just look at the class of some of the players he had while here. He wasn't fit to lace their boots.

Now don't dodge the issue. Answer the question.

My quote from my previous post.

"Name the lot of managers who have had as many chances as Pardew who have done a whole lot worse.

I struggle to fine one"

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)