+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toshney to Morton?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I forgot to mention, excepting Shabbas failings, especially in the play-offs and Dingies.

I dont find it odd if the rumours are true. Shabba comes in and immediately tries to change the holiday camp structure. All is ok for a wee while until the best players are crocked. Falkirk and Morton come along and show the players up for what they are. If you look at Shabba throwing his arms about and some of the things he mentions in interviews, you see the players are not towing the line.

In my working life, if an employee continually does what they like against the managers instructions, then they are out. In football, these privileged individuals get away with it and have the prospect of another pay day elsewhere!

We are not driving players away though. The mercenaries are off to find their next pay cheque, Ellis is still part of the set up until Ray comes calling and the supporters are apparently still buying season tickets.

For myself, despite what happened towards the end of last season, i will give Shabba a chance based on his recruitment and the first 9 games. After that i will more than likely be willing to give the new manager a similar chance and give up all hope in January.
    In most walks of life csaba’s record would be judged as poor in every respect and he’d be gone.

Fair enough you judge him on the first 9 matches and ignore what he presided over after that!

Mike Martin’s call is for csaba to stay and base everything around him. Genuinely - I hope he’s right on that.

its a massive call to keep CL after the shambles of a 2nd half of the season under him but if rumors of divided squad and lack of respect (with some other coaching staff also being mentioned) are true then i would like to see if CL can show more with his own players in with his coaching staff behind him.

i did hear from someone very close in the united camp that some of the players didnt like CL as he was abit more oldschool with "tell it like it is" methods and it knocked a few players noses out of joint. they didnt like getting told they werent cutting it! i also heard that mcdonald was a MASSIVE problem behind the scenes undermining CL at any point. got players to gang up on him and so on.

i dont know if all this is true but i dont doubt the rumors. the way we played towards the end of the season wasnt great and some games the players looked asif they didnt give a F***

Sounds like pish to me. If McDonald was doing that do you really think Csaba would continue to play him?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Sounds like pish to me. If McDonald was doing that do you really think Csaba would continue to play him?
    Yes Terry cos he'd be cutting off his nose to spite his face.
    Remember Brechin (A) he left McDonald out. We weren't doing much till Stanton was it (?) went off early & Skippy came on & turned the game for us.

From what I saw from the hospitality boxes behind the dug outs at the home playoff game against Dunfermline, Scott McDonald was a grade one cock and if any of my staff spoke to me the way he spoke to Csaba they'd be be at the buroo before they knew what hit them.

No he was ****er signs behind his back late night prank calls and let his skoda tyres down. Csaba still cant understand why his office smells of pish and his self portrait has a big willie drawn on his head.

Thats all true lol

Back on thread - who is driving toshney to greenock?

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Back on thread - who is driving toshney to greenock?
    I would gladly

This may sound like me being contrary for the sake of it but it's not. I still think there is a player in Toshney. It's my hope he's learned from the last couple of years and we've never seen him get regular game time in his favoured position, centre half. He's big and strong, just when we've been lacking in that area. I understand he's also been a total bomb-scare at times, in fact a down right liability stupidly getting sent off. I live in hope.

This may sound like me being contrary for the sake of it but it's not. I still think there is a player in Toshney. It's my hope he's learned from the last couple of years and we've never seen him get regular game time in his favoured position, centre half. He's big and strong, just when we've been lacking in that area. I understand he's also been a total bomb-scare at times, in fact a down right liability stupidly getting sent off. I live in hope.
    You did go to the second away game v Falkirk season before last, didnt you? My wife n daughter now refuse to watch United because of that game with Toshney playing!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)