+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: a 'Marquee' signing on the way???

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Why did you stop taking the tablets you were on this past couple of weeks
    Still quite content to let things happen, just don't want that dipsh1t playing for Leeds.

Did we not originally agree a wage with him in principle only for him to come back and ask for even more?

For me that is greed.

However as he is as close as we can get to a guarantee of 20 goals a season, would still have him in the team due to a lack of decent proven alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Fair to say we only really suspect any of that from those dodgy ad sites, non-journalists and rumours, plus the Leeds point of view.

He may well have asked for high wages, but that's exactly what any player does anyway. Pretty sure Robbie Fowler, Robbie Keane, Seth Johnstone etc did that too during the O Leary era. If we start trying to buy more expensive players again, this comes with the territory.
    I can undrstand any player, Vydra included, wanting to get as much as possible, but......as much a possible has to be put in the context of the players performance and the environment (club, division), they are seeking to play in. Vydra is not (and never will be) worth what has been demanded.

If he is signed, what does that do to the other players retained from last season's 1st team squad or promoted from within?

[QUOTE=LeedsFTW;38957958]Did we not originally agree a wage with him in principle only for him to come back and ask for even more?

That was the rumour yes.....

If true it sticks in the throat, but is the way of the world now so no point getting upset about it, unless he doesn't deliver - then the greed combined with failure would be a huge problem for him.

If he delivers, nobody would think he wasn't worth the money, surely?

So in the end, if it means he has to deliver, and has pressure on him to perform, i guess we benefit ultimately (hopefully!!).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I can undrstand any player, Vydra included, wanting to get as much as possible, but......as much a possible has to be put in the context of the players performance and the environment (club, division), they are seeking to play in. Vydra is not (and never will be) worth what has been demanded.

If he is signed, what does that do to the other players retained from last season's 1st team squad or promoted from within?
    I think like any team they'd be absolutely delighted to be in the top 6 if his goals put us there, and would think he was a good addition to help the club and their careers. Wood was a talisman for the team by the time he left - if Vydra scores 20+ for us, he will be seen as a success by the other players.

It's if he signs and then fails that his problems would start with the other players. So he's got to produce - let's hope he thrives on pressure.

[QUOTE=Jezleeds;38957969]
    Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Did we not originally agree a wage with him in principle only for him to come back and ask for even more?

That was the rumour yes.....

If true it sticks in the throat, but is the way of the world now so no point getting upset about it, unless he doesn't deliver - then the greed combined with failure would be a huge problem for him.

If he delivers, nobody would think he wasn't worth the money, surely?

So in the end, if it means he has to deliver, and has pressure on him to perform, i guess we benefit ultimately (hopefully!!).
    Pretty much sums up what I was saying/thinking jez in a tongue in cheek kinda way..but as always WTF has to chuck his barbie doll out of the pram..they are ALL greedy feckers once they make it just like the Bumley 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I imagine Clarke and a few others who havent made obscene wage demands would disagree.

I suggest YOU allow others an opinion, just as you expect to be able to express yours.
    You are entitled to your opinion yer big girls blouse..never said otherwise.

Well I'm with WTF11. I don't want Vydra playing for Leeds, the reason is different though, I want him to stay put.

As a Derby fan I'm mega pissed off losing the best finisher in the Championship. We've signed a few and are apparently about to sign Waghorn. I would swap any two Derby players to keep Vydra, the bloke is explosive.

If he signs for Leeds you'll have the best finisher in the Championship. When Rowett came in he listened to the player who was being played out of position, Vydra told him he's a number 10 and a number 10 he is. If you sign him and play him in is proper position no defender will cope. Good luck if you get him but I would rather he stay!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Well I'm with WTF11. I don't want Vydra playing for Leeds, the reason is different though, I want him to stay put.

As a Derby fan I'm mega pissed off losing the best finisher in the Championship. We've signed a few and are apparently about to sign Waghorn. I would swap any two Derby players to keep Vydra, the bloke is explosive.

If he signs for Leeds you'll have the best finisher in the Championship. When Rowett came in he listened to the player who was being played out of position, Vydra told him he's a number 10 and a number 10 he is. If you sign him and play him in is proper position no defender will cope. Good luck if you get him but I would rather he stay!
    Wow great legs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)