+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Agm

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I logged in last night, and typed a fairly lengthy summary but this fuucking useless hoor of a site logged me out and I lost the text.

From memory:

Training ground expected to be ready June/July 2019. Some drainage issues which are priority.

Aberdeen to be 'challengers' more often eg on some of the ****e we've had from referees, unreasonable away KO times, ticket allocation etc

Some ****ing zoomer taking up half the time complaining about LC final ticket sale arrangements when he'd clearly misunderstood the instructions. Fraser kept more cool with the eejit than I would have.

We are never under any obligation by arrangements with parent clubs to play loan players.

Rooney wanted to go for family reasons. Deek said that as long as he was here, so would Rooney have been. We persuaded Bumfuuck Athletic or wherever he went to stump up a bit more than was offered initially. Rooney would have been "unlikely to have started in the LC final" as that was the brunt of the question from dear old Arthur Wylie.

The 'Transport Strategy' for Alford West is going to be monitored during the first season, and tweaks made week-to-week. Hopes that fans will travel to windy Westhill early to take advantage of the fannyzone (that sounds more interesting than how Wiggy described it), and that some pubs are already planning on shuttle buses of their own. No word on tofu pies, quorn beef softies and hummus sassidge rolls to satisfy Mason's palate.

£45m mentioned in passing. No further details... "A blank canvas" with a standing area, but with certain necessary things/features/requirements meaning that it's not really blank.

Coded message of disappointment in the TV deal from Fraser, but he believes that within a couple of seasons we'll see far fewer of the crazy KO times and many more Saturday 3pm Proper Mannies' KO times.

Wicks announcing a couple of further initiatives, involving the city's two universities today (U of A) and next week (RGU). Has his people working on a sustainability model for the DNA thing. The boy officially appointed to the Board by show of hands.

Further share issue, the tenor of which was covered by Gordon Buchan in a dazzling display of legalese. I think it aggregates to £1.5m, but **** knows really. Sounds like the new VC's corporate shareholding is going to benefit.

Didna try the coffee.

Didna try the biscuits.

Sat with the PWLPs and since naebody sat in front of us, we'll probably be on the telly if they show coverage.

And I'm sure I heard one of the board mannies say sotto voce, "Those posters on AbMad are a right shower of ****s". I voted in favour of that motion.
    That sir is an excellent summary of last night’s meeting, thus saving myself buying the punch&judy as that rag can only sugar coat so much!!

SF

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    All sounds good positive stuff.

Arguably our 4 best players going.

McKenna, Lowe, Shinnie & GMS.

Still, big Andy will re-sign.
    I have yet to see any explanation - and hence do not understand - why we paid a transfer fee for GMS and only signed him on a 2 year contract?

It just makes no sense at all.

We also really need to change our strategy re contracts. These discussions with folk like Shinnie and GMS - i.e. folk we’d like to keep but who have a value - need to be happening one year before their contract is up, not just before they are free to talk to other clubs.

If they choose to stay great, if they want to go sell them for decent coin. Leaving it like this also makes f’uck all sense to me.

DM works at least 2 windows in advance after all so sorting these contracts or selling a year before the contract runs out should not be any problem at all should it...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I have yet to see any explanation - and hence do not understand - why we paid a transfer fee for GMS and only signed him on a 2 year contract?

It just makes no sense at all.
    You're right.

Looks more and more like a 2 yr loan deal, with £150K being the loan fee.

But it can't be. Can it?

Can't ever remember us, post Bosman, signing a player for a fee, and only for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    You're right.

It was mooted before and sounded ridiculous but it just doesn't sound as ridiculous now

I doubt it though
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 18-12-2018 at 12:25 PM.

You're right.

But it can't be. Can it?

Can't ever remember us, post Bosman, signing a player for a fee, and only for two years.
    Nah, he's played against Celtic so wouldn't have been a loan deal.
    Simply put, players have a lot of collateral in determining the contract length and terms.
    By all accounts, GMS took a drop in wages to come to us, probably always with a mindset to re-look at it after his 2 year deal.
    We possibly wanted longer and hopeful we could get him to extend.

It's not a loan deal and we nearly got him for nothing. On hindsight, the massive pay drop he took was probably only ever going to be short term. I don't think it was a bad idea paying for him. Just a shame he's not going to stick around. We don't seem to do well finding creative players.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It's not a loan deal and we nearly got him for nothing. On hindsight, the massive pay drop he took was probably only ever going to be short term. I don't think it was a bad idea paying for him. Just a shame he's not going to stick around. We don't seem to do well finding creative players.
    Just been told that thon c unt Skinner( aye, the loving cup radge that placed bets on us not to win whilst being a director!!) was unanimously re-elected last night to the board......not one single dissenting voice, I’ve spoken before and I certainly would have last night if I could have been @rsed.......the sound of silence regarding his re-election is not correct.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Just been told that thon c unt Skinner( aye, the loving cup radge that placed bets on us not to win whilst being a director!!) was unanimously re-elected last night to the board......not one single dissenting voice, I’ve spoken before and I certainly would have last night if I could have been @rsed.......the sound of silence regarding his re-election is not correct.

SF
    C*nt should’ve been ejected for slurping from the Loving Cup. Total sh1tebag manoeuvre from Milne but even stil

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    C*nt should’ve been ejected for slurping from the Loving Cup. Total sh1tebag manoeuvre from Milne but even stil
    Tbh, I did not look at the agenda, however, since finding out that he has been re-elected, it would be wrong if I did not write to the club regarding having a board member betting on us not to win....I still find it bizarre when the votes were cast not one person voted against him ??

SF

You're right.

But it can't be. Can it?

I'd imagine the 2 year deal was GMS stipulation if he was taking a big wage cut as is reported. His intention probably to put himself in the shop window again by playing regularly and getting a move somewhere he could make more money in his late 20s.

We've given longer contracts to others signed on a fee and it might've been better not to - May and Forrester for example (although hopefully May will turn the corner)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast