+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Owls v Reds Match Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    “Given the model it's not just the right way at this level it's the only way we can get a significant foothold in the championship .”

Absolutely, Play our system, it will reward us. At the minute we have 6 Players learning it. Early days. Plenty of time to improve. Stick with it.
    I'm trying to look at this season as pragmatically as I can Jules .

We haven't a plan B , but neither has Pep or Klopp come to think of it , Klopp especially didn't have Liverpool today without some major bumps along the way , Pep's first season at City saw them win nowt of importance and some embarrassing results along the way , I seem to remember Everton putting them in the four club because they fecked up playing out from the back .

They believe they have a successful style and looking at the rest of the PL chasing them it's warranted .

Our goal is sustainable championship football which given the size and budget of this club is possibly as equal to City and Liverpool enjoying the success they do .

This model could well fail but at least it's a plan rather than just drifting along as we did under Cryne .

Yes it's bloody painful at times to see the talent sold on but the championship today and the financial resources you need just to even compete at a heads above water level is more than the club can attain on gates and tv revenue alone .

This league is fecking mental , proper fecked up , who the feck would pay £7m for Lucas Jao ? , Reading ain't got £7m but that's where we are .

We all want to be at this level , historically it's where we are at as a club but it's mental as I say .

I ain't comfortable with the ownership , don't trust em at all but I'm fecked if I can see another way forward at this level without them spending multi millions and I ain't prepared to be in debt to no owner after the last debacle .

Keep their money , we are what we are and where the chips fall then that's where they fall .

I’ve just been looking at the “Talent” sold recently. And the appearances, ....Seems only Pinnock and Lindsay from Potts, Moore, Davies, and those two played today. Bree wasted a full season last year.... I’m with you in that I’ll take what comes, and if that’s a relegation, then we have to go again..... I don’t think it will be though.
    I’m a lot more comfy with our position than the lads in the Club are with Towns.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm trying to look at this season as pragmatically as I can Jules .

We haven't a plan B , but neither has Pep or Klopp come to think of it , Klopp especially didn't have Liverpool today without some major bumps along the way , Pep's first season at City saw them win nowt of importance and some embarrassing results along the way , I seem to remember Everton putting them in the four club because they fecked up playing out from the back .

They believe they have a successful style and looking at the rest of the PL chasing them it's warranted .

Our goal is sustainable championship football which given the size and budget of this club is possibly as equal to City and Liverpool enjoying the success they do .

This model could well fail but at least it's a plan rather than just drifting along as we did under Cryne .

Yes it's bloody painful at times to see the talent sold on but the championship today and the financial resources you need just to even compete at a heads above water level is more than the club can attain on gates and tv revenue alone .

This league is fecking mental , proper fecked up , who the feck would pay £7m for Lucas Jao ? , Reading ain't got £7m but that's where we are .

We all want to be at this level , historically it's where we are at as a club but it's mental as I say .

I ain't comfortable with the ownership , don't trust em at all but I'm fecked if I can see another way forward at this level without them spending multi millions and I ain't prepared to be in debt to no owner after the last debacle .

Keep their money , we are what we are and where the chips fall then that's where they fall .
    Top post Animal

Men against boys at Hillsborough.

Hoss may claim Radlinger, Anderson and Diap are a significant upgrade on Davies, Lindsay and Pinnock and that Thomas and Wilks are a significant upgrade on Potts and Moore but at least we used to come away from Hillsborough thinking we were robbed. Yesterday we were totally outclassed.

Stendel knew what was likely. He begged the owners for one or two quality strikers rather than a load of kids, some of which may have sell on value in 18 month/two years time. He begged the owners for some Championship experienced players. His plea was ignored.
    He now has to work a miracle with these kids at a level they have never played in before. I hope Stendel doesn't get burnt out and/or frustrated with this task. The owners are happy because they have re=stocked with a dozen or so players, some of whom will have sell on value with two years left on contracts. They will be sold at about the same time leaving another re-build necessary but a bank balance we can be proud of.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-08-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Hoss may claim Radlinger, Anderson and Diap are a significant upgrade on Davies, Lindsay and Pinnock and that Thomas and Wilks are a significant upgrade on Potts and Moore but at least we used to come away from Hillsborough thinking we were robbed. Yesterday we were totally outclassed.

Stendel knew what was likely. He begged the owners for one or two quality strikers rather than a load of kids, some of which may have sell on value in 18 month/two years time. He begged the owners for some Championship experienced players. His plea was ignored.
    He now has to work a miracle with these kids at a level they have never played in before. I hope Stendel doesn't get burnt out and/or frustrated with this task. The owners are happy because they have re=stocked with a dozen or so players, some of whom will have sell on value with two years left on contracts. They will be sold at about the same time leaving another re-build necessary but a bank balance we can be proud of.

That seems to be the cycle at BFC these days, pretty much what Cryne did to Hecky. However, it's been a better start than I anticipated. I'd have gladly taken 3 points from these first two games. Hand on heart I don't think many of our fans thought that we'd beat Fulham and a loss at Hillsborough is nothing new.

The goals we gave away yesterday were poor. Wednesday did a their homework on us and deserved the win. Let's move on and concentrate on the next 3 games which are all winnable in my opinion. I agree with Animal, we should stick to our game plan. We haven't signed any experience. Many of us thought it would be helpful but it's not happened so lets focus on what we do rather than what should've been. Hoss has clearly stated our transfer policy and like it or lump it there's bugga all we can do abart it nar transfer windows shut.

I think that trying to go away from home to contain or nullify teams then break on them doesn't seem a viable option with our squad of players. They will have to learn quickly and I think they will. Our ooam record will be of paramount importance this season. Get that right and wivva good chance o staying up

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said, we all said we needed some experience in this squad which wasn’t forthcoming and now they have to work it out for themselves and quickly.
    Unfortunately where I don’t agree is that I think we will go down and down quite tamely at that? I really hope i’m Wrong but by the time they start to play the “Championship game” of feeling the touch and going down, mastering the physicality and nous needed it will be too late and by that time confidence is shot to pieces!
    I will not in any way throughout this season blame Stendel or the kids that wear the shirt, I will however pour scorn on these owners who yes have recruited in depth however all they see in “My opinion” is pound signs and profit!
    They are not looking at staying up, they are looking at coming back up the season after this (hence the longer contracts) so they can sell on Championship players who have experience at this level and who have just been promoted!
    These kids will be 23-24 and have experience by then but will still have 2 years on their contracts which gives the owners the upper hand in negotiations when selling.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

It was men against boys last saturday SB and we were the men with all due respect .

Have we got the perfect model that guarantees sustainable championship football ?

Absolutely not but this is the best we can do given where we are in the modern world of championship football .

I agree about the lack of experience , it's the one major flaw in the policy , it did for us two years ago and could bite us again .

Let's not forget SB we sold every decent player we had under Cryne too , we were constantly rebuilding then too but the difference is we recruited using loans and foreign bossman signings with the odd Hammill and Andy Gray thrown in .

I think when we had 8 consecutive seasons under Davey , Robins and co we were fighting relegation in 7 of those seasons and we were losing thousands of pounds every week doing it .

The league looks as competitive as ever and even after only two games played only Wendy and Charlton have maximum points , it could be difficult because I'm looking for 3 teams to be isolated from the rest at the foot of this league and I'm struggling to spot em right now .

We saw this last season in League One when half the division were in danger of going down with 4 or 5 games left .

We could be in that kind of scenario this season .

Would there be any experienced Players out of contract, without clubs out there worth picking up? We can still sign out of contract players can’t we?

Would there be any experienced Players out of contract, without clubs out there worth picking up? We can still sign out of contract players can’t we?
    Yes you can sign free agents outside of the window .

The panic button won't be pressed until January Jules when the "no loans" red line will be abandoned.

Players will be loaned out over the next two weeks, sales still allowed to continental clubs--Thiam ?

I'm not suggesting these would all be a good fit but experienced players out of contract include--

Martin Olsson--Left Back
    Ashley Williams--Centre Back
    Milo Jedinak--Midfield
    Jo Ledley--Midfield
    Fraizer Campbell --Striker

One or two "owd eeads" would have helped but that ship has sailed. Our new captain was subbed yesterday after a poor showing which doesn't help.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast