+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Disgraceful for a highly paid professional

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    So no sending the lout back to Chelsea then with Dyche in the papers saying he's had a word with Drinkwater and is giving him another chance, the only thing I can conclude from this is that we have an option to sign him permanently when his loan expires, otherwise what is Dyche doing ? trying to put a Footballer on the right lines ? or trying to do best for BFC, If he goes back to Chelsea at the end of his loan it will not add up to me
    I think Dyche is in a no lose situation here.I assume we are commited to keeping him until January and if that is the case there is no point to BFC in getting him fit and then sticking him in the reserves.If Dyche can sort him out we may get a good player in the team for November and December and Chelsea won't want him back, so there is the possibility of signing a good player at a realistic price for a 29 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I think Dyche is in a no lose situation here.I assume we are commited to keeping him until January and if that is the case there is no point to BFC in getting him fit and then sticking him in the reserves.If Dyche can sort him out we may get a good player in the team for November and December and Chelsea won't want him back, so there is the possibility of signing a good player at a realistic price for a 29 year old.
    I Admire your optimism ...Barrie
    But fail to see what this broken Crock /Pizz head can bring to our team!!
    Recruitment team??? Where are they?...They continually do Nowt!!

Like i have said many times before,...We Spunk too much money on nothing !!

So, the guy'd hardlly seen any football since joining Chelsea - which even has "their" supporters scratching their heads as to why they took him and....why he's still there - think he only played something like 15 mins? last season - which all says - we were loaning an unknown, and together with his drink driving ban not many months ago - a risk - so then why would a PL team take such a risk, desperation ? or perhaps see if we can get him fit and then see what he has in him ?- but then who's that for, Chelsea, or ourselves.....but however I see it. it can be no more than an experiment - and shouldn't have been touted as anything more.....certainly nothing to be relied upon - or made out as if we'd hit the jackpot, thats just more artful deception from the flimflammers of Burnley image control.

We use different kinds here too:

A Very Brief History of Israeli Leaders Looking Through Covered Binoculars

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...atever/411607/ (see 2 photos)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    With respect sinkov, the owners of big commercial enterprises don't actually get their hands dirty with the day to day operations. Whoever is at fault for our recruitment (or lack of) really do need to get their act together. On the other hand, they might truly believe they are doing a great job?
    I don't see how you can call BFC a big commercial enterprise BT, they have around 160 full time employees, not exactly a small company, but by no means a big commercial enterprise, small/medium would be a more accurate description I think, and we both like accuracy don't we.

So, after telling us on an almost daily basis that Garlick is doing a wonderful job of running BFC, you're now saying he doesn't get his hands dirty, in effect he doesn't run it ?

Does Garlick run BFC or not ?
    Is he responsible for appointing Baldwin and Rigg ?
    If not, who is responsible ?
    If Garlick has little to do with the day to day running of the club, why does Dyche say it's Garlick's door he knocks on when he wants money to sign players ?

Seems to me BT, that when things are going well you want to give Mike the credit, but when there's a problem you want to lay the blame elsewhere. Are you related ?

£125 million turnover with 300 people on the payroll is not a small enterprise IMHO sinkov.

I think thou protests too much. No, I do not think Garlick exercises day to day control, that's Baldwin's job and he has been mighty quiet lately.

It was very apparent to me on Saturday that Wood should have been shifted in the summer and Maupay bought. Was that down to Dyche or Rigg, or are we all wise in hindsight? The only thing I know for certain is that we shifted a few, brought in a few and the Dry Powder Room remains unscathed.

I think it's now pretty obvious to all that is Garlick's master plan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    £125 million turnover with 300 people on the payroll is not a small enterprise IMHO sinkov.
    I never said BFC was a small enterprise BT, I said it was small/medium which seems an accurate description to me, we are not the 'big commercial enterprise' of your description. We don't employ 300 people either, 160 full time and 20 part-timers actually on the payroll.

Burnley FC’s published accounts for the year ended 30 June 2018 reveal an annual turnover figure of £138.9 million and (excluding match day staff)163 full time and 21 part time employees. The size of the turnover would alone I think take it over the limits for the HMRC definition of a small or medium enterprise. Definitions aside however it is a question of how effectively a football club is being run and the degree to which supporters as well as shareholders can have their say. Is everybody happy? Well reading this forum over a period of time some are and some aren’t. So how as Burnley fans do we get our message across? Seat on the board, social media or express it on the terraces?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Burnley FC’s published accounts for the year ended 30 June 2018 reveal an annual turnover figure of £138.9 million and (excluding match day staff)163 full time and 21 part time employees. The size of the turnover would alone I think take it over the limits for the HMRC definition of a small or medium enterprise. Definitions aside however it is a question of how effectively a football club is being run and the degree to which supporters as well as shareholders can have their say. Is everybody happy? Well reading this forum over a period of time some are and some aren’t. So how as Burnley fans do we get our message across? Seat on the board, social media or express it on the terraces?
    Reading right across social media about Burnley Football Club, most fans seem happy enough about almost every aspect of the day to day running operations, ticketing, retail, food etc. The one constant gripe is recruitment of players into the elite group who form the first team squad. It really is the one key area that Baldwin, Dyche and Rigg need to get their act together on, but Garlick does seem impervious to any criticism in this area. I was thinking of adding an extra cab to the Terrier Taxi fleet for new arrivals in January. Should I bother?

BT the way Burnley player appear to get injured just before departing, it is possible you need to get one of you taxis adapted to accommodate these so called injuries.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)