+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Great win , now on to Saturday.
    For future match threads could we call it WBA 53 Match thread.
    I think it a good idea to call it 'WBA53 Match Thread v' for the rest of the season at the very least

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Only two pints a game. Are you cutting down Mick?
    I don’t drink 😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I don’t drink ����
    Just keep watching our defence and you'll soon convert!

Been a few times to the Mad Stad and this was the first time we had won so that made a nice change.

Like to give a special mention to Connor Townsend who I had written off. He played well both on Sunday and last night. I am now less concerned about our left back situation than I was.

I know Kanu has his fans and he possibly is our best bet currently. But a non goal scoring striker: really!

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Been a few times to the Mad Stad and this was the first time we had won so that made a nice change.

Like to give a special mention to Connor Townsend who I had written off. He played well both on Sunday and last night. I am now less concerned about our left back situation than I was.

I know Kanu has his fans and he possibly is our best bet currently. But a non goal scoring striker: really!
    Kanu is ideal for the set up. Read the reports. He is the one allowing the other players to play their best. 100% effort, neat touches, great hold up play, and the defences can't handle him. As long as he keeps this form up there's no way Bilic will settle for less.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Kanu is ideal for the set up. Read the reports. He is the one allowing the other players to play their best. 100% effort, neat touches, great hold up play, and the defences can't handle him. As long as he keeps this form up there's no way Bilic will settle for less.
    His foraging and hold up play and intelligence actually created the cross for the second goal by Bartley.

It’s not always about the goals he might not score.

Ally Brown didn’t score massive numbers but his unselfishness created many for Regis and others.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    His foraging and hold up play and intelligence actually created the cross for the second goal by Bartley.

It’s not always about the goals he might not score.

Ally Brown didn’t score massive numbers but his unselfishness created many for Regis and others.
    Ally Brown not a massive scorer of goals!!! Nonsense!

Were you around in 78/79 when Brown was leading goalscorer with 18 to Cyrille's 13? Or care to take a look at his whole career and you will find his goals to games ratio was also superior.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Ally Brown not a massive scorer of goals!!! Nonsense!

Were you around in 78/79 when Brown was leading goalscorer with 18 to Cyrille's 13? Or care to take a look at his whole career and you will find his goals to games ratio was also superior.
    It’s you who’s talking rubbish.

I loved Ally Brown but 72 goals in 12 seasons at an average of 6 a season is hardly prolific and if you take that one 18 goal season it means he only got 54 goals in his other 11 seasons at a rate of 5 per season!

His 72 goals in 279 starts is a return of one goal every 4 matches.

Ally was a workhorse albeit a talented one and a totally selfless player.

Of course he was a higher quality player than Kanu and by some margin but his value to the Albion was what he brought out in others with his work ethic.

If you think a “massive scorer” of goals averages 6 per season and 1 every four games then in goal scoring terms you’re easy to please........you could be Pulis’s best mate.

I've been in catchup mode regarding yesterdays game and so only just looked at the BBC report on it.
    According to the stats we had 27 shots (albeit it 7 on target). Man, is that real, is that the highest we've achieved. Ever?

I think it’s amazing the turnaround in HRK. Not so long ago he was being slated every match. Now he’s undoubtedly our best striker. When Austin came - albeit late in the game - the quick one twos and fast interchanges stopped. Like the look of Robinson as well - great energy and skilful _ has slotted in well on left and always a threat. Krov and Pereira is a good mix - as now we have two skilful play makers. The two youngsters as fullbacks also settling in well - we’re not missing the ‘rock star’ Ferguson at all. And with Gibbs and Diangana coming back at some point. And stalwarts like Barry and Brunt in reserve. We look in decent shape again. The one we need to keep fit and healthy though is Pereira.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)