+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who is the one player you’d like to see warne sign permanently?

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Thought same myself, looked impressive (like a Ginger version of Smudge) Who knows WBA might feel like helping us out after we gifted them Semi
    Looks a player. Real nuisance value, as well as goals, but I reckon he needs a year in league one yet. I'm sure Rob Scott would have had him watched though.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Sam Morsey should be able to get him cut-price from Wigan position that club finds itself in.
    This is why you come across as being totally ridiculous.

1 His name is Morsy, not Morsey

2 You bang on about the age of players that the Millers sign. He is one month younger than Curtis Tilt, and you have been incessantly slagging the Millers off for signing him for signing Tilt because of his age.

3 You have it in your head that Jon Taylor is a midget at 5 feet 4 inches. Morsy is two inches shorter than Taylor, which in your eyes makes him 5 feet 2 inches. And of course, every stat site is wrong, and you are right.

Do you wear bi-focal glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    So basically it's which League 1 players would do OK in the Championship?

Unfortunately the truth is, almost none of them, look at Barnsley and Luton Town.

Going to be very difficult to avoid the drop as per usual.

And even if we do stay up, the likelihood is that Warne will be off to another club.
    That's actually not necessarily the case Fire , bear in mind we give ourselves a fighting chance through that marketplace and then promptly sell the buggas at the first sign of a pound note waved in our direction .

I seem to recall that Paul Douglas said that we have competed in the past with lower half cship clubs like Wigan for transfer fees and salaries.
    The issue that kills the deal for RUFC is when we insert the relegation clause that reduces the players salary if we go down.
    PD said most established cship don't insist on these clauses so we lose out in the recruitment process.

Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I seem to recall that Paul Douglas said that we have competed in the past with lower half cship clubs like Wigan for transfer fees and salaries.
    The issue that kills the deal for RUFC is when we insert the relegation clause that reduces the players salary if we go down.
    PD said most established cship don't insist on these clauses so we lose out in the recruitment process.
    That's true Flour, but my recollection was Warney saying it. Matters not, the principle stands.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    When you're up and down like a bride's nightdress you need those clauses though.

Charlton could well stay up and don't have a pot to pyss in and with the nucleus of last seasons play off winning squad .

It can be done .

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Martinez
    2.52 million and contract until 2022

Disallowed

Not so sure of the valuations on this site:-
    Ajayi 3.6m
    Vaulks 540k
    Smudge 585k

Ajayi 7 x more than Vaulks and Smudge better than Vaulks. Hmmmmmm!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast