+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Harrogate Town 22.09.20 [FAT SF]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Is it to be expected tho?

OK, I know we are a team in transition but most of us are hoping to win the League this year. We don't look like that at the moment.
    Yes they are better than us and they are weeks ahead in terms of preperation/competitive games

I wouldnt worry too much about this season as I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt get played at all.

Now if we had a gun in our hands chasing defenceless animals we'd be ok !

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Yep, all over us like a cheap suit whenever we're in possession
    On the few times we’ve played through the press, we’ve failed to produce anything which is frustrating. Don’t think their keeper’s had to make a save. Here’s hoping for a bit more quality in the second half. COYP!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just like at Wembley a dire first half, the only positive is that we are just one goal down. I don't buy into this bollox that Harrogate are weeks ahead of us in terms of fitness, we haven't managed a worthwhile attack as the home team in 45 minutes!!! If this is Ardley's preferred team and formation, it just isn't working. I accept the opposition are probably as strong as we will face in the coming season, but they're not Liverpool FFS. Have a go at them, throw a few players forward and we might realise we're playing Harrogate Town at home. There is still time to turn it around, but we won't do it playing this way. I am still hopeful, but Ardley more than the players needs to show his worth in the second half.
    Spot on. Ardley's answer to playing against a high press? Pass out from the back lads.

We are so ridiculously easy to play against. Slow and ponderous.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Spot on. Ardley's answer to playing against a high press? Pass out from the back lads.

We are so ridiculously easy to play against. Slow and ponderous.
    They're making us look like a load of old pensioners playing in wellingtons.

Getting outplayed again but whilst it is 1-0 we have a chance of snatching a draw and the lottery of pens.

Really don't want to read too much into this game but the doubts about Ardley are creeping back in because we've got a much better team than last season but don't seem to have improved from the slow, unimaginative ways of last season. Our saving grace is the rest of the league is so crap so we might be one of the better ones but I truly believe this Notts squad is the best this division has ever seen in terms of players. Can the manager play them to their potential is the question.

Looks like Roberts is hurt, I think chicksen is decent though.

Stallard keeps repeating that this performance is down to ‘rustiness’, but it’s the same performance we gave at Wembley.

Bad tackle on Roberts - doesn’t look good

That looks bad for Roberts. Achilles?

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast