+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. York City 26.09.20 [PSF]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

More rubbish, as fowardmagpie says, our ball control is that of a pub team...

One thing about playing behind closed doors is that you don't get booed.

I'm generally pro Ardley and was hoping he'd prove the doubters wrong this season - we were strong before last season was curtailed, after all.

However, watching todays stream after watching the Harrogate game, I am increasingly concerned. The extent to which we look off the pace, unprepared, not terribly fit and playing like a bunch strangers reminds me of the Nolan pre-season before we were relegated. The diamond formation looks a long way from being effective as well.

If we do come good, I think it will be a fair few games into the season before we do.

I don’t want to hear any nonsense about it being a preseason game, this is pathetic. You should want to win every game, even if it’s a kickabout in the park.

Sam looks horribly lightweight up front and we have nothing in the centre of the park; DKE is struggling to control the ball; Enzio contributing nothing. Rodrigues should have scored but also looks horribly lightweight in that position We’re so slow, too, with everything in front of their defence.

And two horrible goals to concede. Was it Reeves who gifted the ball to the opposition 30 yards from our own goal? I’ll be switching off at half-time at Dover if we can’t improve on this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Whose to say Neil's Diamond, (pun intended) .
    If this league was still under its' former sponsor, somebody could have replied to that pun - "Forever in blue square" - and got a right big laugh.

No doubt we will have had the lions share of possession but we’ve not done anything with it.

The final third is where we have been poor. The passing, creativity, and threat on the York defence has been none existent. We are lightweight up top and are getting knocked off the ball too much as well. We need to be stronger.

However I doubt this is the strike force that will start next week. Wootton must surely be the first choice up top.

We have lost possession easily in this area. There have been little by way of corners or shots for the keeper to save.

York have not peppered our goal or been much of a threat themselves. What they are is well organised and solid and they have capitalised on our mistakes.

We need to ask more questions of the York defence in the second half.

We need at sometime to field our best 11 so we can see if we have a team in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If this league was still under its' former sponsor, somebody could have replied to that pun - "Forever in blue square" - and got a right big laugh.
    If the fans were in the ground, I doubt they'd be making a Beautiful Noise.

Pure speculation, but if the owners stats go deeper than just players but extend into tactics and formations, maybe they are leaning on him to adopt a certain play style. ncfcog hinted in that direction yesterday, which got me thinking. If they're signing the players then I guess they've got to have an interest in where the jigsaw pieces should fit.

If that's the case, it's looking as though Ardley is struggling to adapt to what is being asked of him at this stage.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast