+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: McNeil...

Well I know one thing for sure and that is McNeill will not get Alzimers from heading the ball. His biggest problem is he does not go to the ball when that is necessary. He is like that saying the mountain will not come to Mohammed.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Think he's improving ,he had a decent game tonight.
    I have to disagree with you Alf, he goes backwards nearly as much as he goes forwards, and when he does he takes on too many players and loses the ball too often, a few wayward passes and some poor crosses which was a great waste after the hard work others spent to get the opening, no doubt you and other will disagree with me but at the moment he's below average for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I have to disagree with you Alf, he goes backwards nearly as much as he goes forwards, and when he does he takes on too many players and loses the ball too often, a few wayward passes and some poor crosses which was a great waste after the hard work others spent to get the opening, no doubt you and other will disagree with me but at the moment he's below average for me.
    Hes been poor all season, but thought he had a good first half today Alto,like you though I expect more from him now with all his experience and yes he does tend to pass the ball back in some silly positions Alto..
    hopefully he can start improving more soon..

I value your opinion Alf like i do everyone's, but if McNeil is one of the best we have at the moment we are a very poor Football Club.

I value your opinion Alf like i do everyone's, but if McNeil is one of the best we have at the moment we are a very poor Football Club.
    we are.. Nothing more needed Alto..

Let's be honest Alto the lad is a good player , the problem we have is teams know that now and double up on him a bit , he has the ability without doubt - our problem is we have very little flare anywhere else so it rests on his shoulders and like you say he's not on top of his game at the minute , plus what I've said in first paragraph doesn't help his cause.

If you add to the fact that our forwards simply can not hold the ball in the oppositions final third long enough for people like McNeil to influence the game , the rest of the team aren't creative enough to change it either .

If you add that to JBG who hasn't gone past a man and delivered a ball for our forwards since longer than I can remember , Brady ( who in his defence has pace and we are relying on him to stay with anyone offensively quick on their team )' still can't deliver ball to our forwards or even get it past the first man.I

We need some better quality players in several positions and quickly that's obvious to all of us.

To lay all of our woes at McNeil door though isn't right I don't think , I've posted before he switches off a bit defensively but that isn't - shouldn't really be his game.

I thought he had a decent game tonight, he hasn't been playing well, maybe he's starting to find a bit of last year's spark. I sympathise with him, I wish I could find a bit of last year's spark as well.

I once had a casual natter with Stan the Man over a pint at Burnley Golf Club. He said you really cannot judge a professional footballer until he has played a 100 games at the level he will play out the rest of his career.

If you apply that logic to McNeil he is clearly going to be good enough to play in the EPL, the only question is with who?

On PL stats website you can compare the same player over different seasons so I compared last season with the one before. He’s definitely passing back more the forwards compared to the reverse the year before. I guess he’s a marked man now well before his hundredth game. 72 PL make it.

Our Tarks at the back post tactics for his corners and free kicks seem to have been dropped. His fk role is now to stand by Westwood and hold his hands in the air. Not sure what use that is?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uUJkNcQ-qiI

He has the talent but he is more of a marked man these days. Reminds me of when opposing teams started picking on Dougie Collins who was a natural playmaker. Dwight needs some goals to get his mojo back but I firmly believe he is worth the investment BFC have made in him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)